Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The letter was dispatched on 13/07/09 so it should be any day for me....

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Block 1, Floor 4 of Liberty Park. Man I hope I get in...

Regarding my comment about having to pay the £1600ish before we get any money from student finance - what are other people doing about it? If I go to the bank and explain my situation will they like.. be able to extend my overdraft for like a week and then return it to the normal one or something like that?

It is a bit silly.. but I didn't want to have to choose somewhere else just because of that.

ReputationRep:
    got my letter today =D

staying at newarke point.. yaaaay

ReputationRep:
    My reservation arrived through the post this morning and they gave me a Liberty Park address..

I'm very, VERY annoyed because I was expecting a place at the Kingfisher site.

As a result I've contacted De Montfort University + sent them a letter of appeal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallucinated)
    I'm in Block 1, Floor 4 of Liberty Park. Man I hope I get in...

Regarding my comment about having to pay the £1600ish before we get any money from student finance - what are other people doing about it? If I go to the bank and explain my situation will they like.. be able to extend my overdraft for like a week and then return it to the normal one or something like that?

It is a bit silly.. but I didn't want to have to choose somewhere else just because of that.
    hi, what is the code of your room, want to see if im near you

ReputationRep:
    I'm in liberty park too... Im in block 6! I haven't met anyone in my block yet

ReputationRep:
    I got my letter couple of days ago. Victoria Halls is the way foward. And ive got an unconditional offer so im defo going to be there

ReputationRep:
    Code:
    http://www.westmanorpropertyservices.co.uk/
    This is what DMU do not want you to know about, hope this helps some people here (it sure helped me).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imoneofthem)
    Code:
    http://www.westmanorpropertyservices.co.uk/
    This is what DMU do not want you to know about, hope this helps some people here (it sure helped me).
    are they the people who run the private halls??? what do DMU not want us to know? im slightly confused! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han265)
    are they the people who run the private halls??? what do DMU not want us to know? im slightly confused! lol
    I think it's better to apply through a company like this rather than through the university + DMU has not informed applicants of privately owned property in more details as well as the estate agents who own them.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, gonna be doing nursing and will be staying at Waterway Gardens )

ReputationRep:
    How's it going with the accommodation application everybody?

ReputationRep:
    i got my halls allocation, now just waiting for the contract which they said i would get by the end of this month as im an uncondtional student.

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't got mine (even though I'm an unconditional student) so I called them up again and they said that because I chose Victoria as my first two choices it may take longer to allocate. Basically, they are giving me the run around - but I'll wait a few more days till I call again.

ReputationRep:
    As previously mentioned I was offered a place at Liberty Park thus causing me to pay a whopping £94/week over a 42 week contract. Thankfully though a friend of mine gave me his place at Albion Court since he's not continuing his second year at the university which will cost me £79/week over a 42 week contract (also paying £170 for August). Overall this is saving me around £500

DMU and possibly most universities out there are pretty terrible at organising accommodation for 1st year students unless someone wishes to prove me wrong? Having said that it's safer doing so instead of signing a contract from a private estate agents and finding out you cannot go to the university afterwards for any given reason (UCAS points, family, etc).

I decided to take my friend's place because I've passed my course already (Access to HE) and have a guaranteed place at the university. On Wednesday I'll be travelling to Leicester in order to sign the accommodation contract + hopefully submit my course certificate to the university.

Hope everyone's doing well with their application
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    ^^ Wise choice. If this option was available to me I would take it too. I'm sick of waiting, i know I may be getting annoying but it's horrible not knowing what you're doing next year. Not knowing whether you need to sort money out to pay upfront etc, they really need to get some organisation in.

ReputationRep:
    Hi People.

I'm gonna be doing BSc ICT.... Not gonna be staying in halls, cos i'm from Leicester anyways.

Let me know if you want/need any info about leicester in general or even dmu cos i done Year 0 Engineering there a good few years back!!

Can't Wait!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here going to be staying in bede hall?

ReputationRep:
    My friend got her housing contract today.
    It says you HAVE to have a tv licence if you take a computer or laptop. I was considering not getting a tv licence because well, I don't watch tv, and just would just use it for a console as we've researched that.

We knew about the £200 deposit, but apparently it says that they want the 3 terms cheques, 28ths Sept, 18th Jan and 19th April. In the brochure it said we didn't have to pay any rent until something like that 20th September, and that was just the first terms (£1600ish).

Anyone else got their contract? We're staying in Liberty Park, btw

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm staying in Victoria Halls, and it's the same with me too.

They want the £200 straight away, then the two cheques have to be sent with it and post-dated - 1st August and 13th January ... but I haven't got a student loan, so I've had to sort it out another way.

But yes, it is rather annoying.

With the TV issue, the main channels have catch-up programmes (BBC iPlayer, 4OD, etc) so if you want to watch a specific show, maybe watch it online after it's been aired, as I don't think that's considered as "live television" I don't know if it's allowed (probably not) but worth considering if it isn't illegal

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.