Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by fifimatic)
    yea, I've applied to do a Journalism course there and the letter which they sent me says, as part of the schedule we will be doing the test:confused:. Im actually suprised they're giving us a test already as my other uni choices to do journalism gave me conditionals without an interview
    Yeah, but they only offer 24 places on that course and said by doing the test they are setting standards before you start so they don't just have anyone on the course who isn't very good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steeler4life)
    Grosvenor is £92 a week next year, for the single rooms. Internet is about £150 for the cheapest package.
    Really?! Wow that went up by a massive amount from this year :eek:

I guess it must be the cost of living that's causing all the halls to become really expensive.

Disregard everything I've said then XD

It looks to me now like there is no longer a hall that's less than £90 a week unless you don't want an ensuite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KelZee)
    Really?! Wow that went up by a massive amount from this year :eek:

I guess it must be the cost of living that's causing all the halls to become really expensive.

Disregard everything I've said then XD

It looks to me now like there is no longer a hall that's less than £90 a week unless you don't want an ensuite.
    Its gone up a lot since i was there in my first year. Single rooms were.. £78 i think. That was only last year. Its stupid how much its gone up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steeler4life)
    Its gone up a lot since i was there in my first year. Single rooms were.. £78 i think. That was only last year. Its stupid how much its gone up.
    It was £83 a week this year so it's gone up by almost £10 o_O

I'm so glad I found some housemates for next year. There's no way I could have afforded halls again, like I originally planned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Yeah, but they only offer 24 places on that course and said by doing the test they are setting standards before you start so they don't just have anyone on the course who isn't very good.
    Wow that must be hard to get into although you dont need as many points as the others places I applied to, do you think Bournemouth go about the same process for the Journalism applicants, considering that Uni is the best for Journalism and Media?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by fifimatic)
    Wow that must be hard to get into although you dont need as many points as the others places I applied to, do you think Bournemouth go about the same process for the Journalism applicants, considering that Uni is the best for Journalism and Media?
    The test was pretty hard!
    They might do, try giving them an email or a call?

ReputationRep:
    i got my accomodation form in the post today.. i asked them to post me one b/c the online version isnt working

Gaah i dont know which one to choose... im thinking Liberty Park though.. is it a good choice?? any info on accomodation would be great
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Im thinking there too!! And Newarke point!

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking there too!! And Newarke point!
    haha i was gonna go newarke point but its TOO expensive , you gotta pay like 1000 something up front on arrival on top of the deposit or something.. its too pricey!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Yusuf.T)
    haha i was gonna go newarke point but its TOO expensive , you gotta pay like 1000 something up front on arrival on top of the deposit or something.. its too pricey!!
    But I need a en-suite.. So it sorta limits me to where I can go!

ReputationRep:
    But I need a en-suite.. So it sorta limits me to where I can go!
    liberty parrrrk is en suite

yeah i know what u mean about needing an en suite.. i am NOT sharing toilets and showers.. EWWW
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    liberty parrrrk is en suite

yeah i know what u mean about needing an en suite.. i am NOT sharing toilets and showers.. EWWW
    Ew no, I go to stay at my bf's accomodation and he shares and the last time I went I walked in on a girl in the toilets been sick and laying in it. Not nice:rolleyes:

How much is Liberty Park?

ReputationRep:
    I've just received an Unconditional for DMU for Radio production.
    It wasn't my first or insurance choice but i'm considering it!
    Ditto
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    i got my accomodation form in the post today.. i asked them to post me one b/c the online version isnt working

Gaah i dont know which one to choose... im thinking Liberty Park though.. is it a good choice?? any info on accomodation would be great

i have applied for liberty park on my form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ras90)
    i have applied for liberty park on my form.
    yeah i applied for that too.. 2nd choice.. i bet u anything i get like my 5th choice or something! lol

dude you know your accomodation form.. did u get one sent in the post to fill out on paper or did you do it online?? Cos last i cheked the online form isnt working so they sent me a paper based one

ReputationRep:
    victoria halls are the nicest - best location too

ReputationRep:
    All of those who have applied for either English or Journalism (I currently do joint in both) you're in for a treat! These courses are fantastic

As for halls I'd say:

Best halls visually: Victoria, Liberty and Newarke Point

Best halls for location: Victoria and Grosvenor (5 minutes from uni, and right in the centre of town)

Best for social: Bede, New Wharf

Best Ensuite: Grosvenor, Victoria, Newarke

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Kelly08)
    All of those who have applied for either English or Journalism (I currently do joint in both) you're in for a treat! These courses are fantastic

As for halls I'd say:

Best halls visually: Victoria, Liberty and Newarke Point

Best halls for location: Victoria and Grosvenor (5 minutes from uni, and right in the centre of town)

Best for social: Bede, New Wharf

Best Ensuite: Grosvenor, Victoria, Newarke

Hey ^^ Thanks! Ive applied for Journalism , to do either The NCTJ accredited one or the Joint with media and Journalism. Ive been accepted into both, could you possibly PM me please? I have a few questions I'd like to ask privately about the uni. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    any1 who had applied for accomoadation can you tell me if you filled in a PAPER based application form??

cos the online version isnt working so paper based is the next best thing

ReputationRep:
    I filled in a paper accommodation form... got my confirmation that they recieved it last week!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.