Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusuf.T)
    any1 who had applied for accomoadation can you tell me if you filled in a PAPER based application form??

cos the online version isnt working so paper based is the next best thing

hi, sorry about late reply, i recieved mine via E-MAIL, if you would like i can send you the form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ras90)
    hi, sorry about late reply, i recieved mine via E-MAIL, if you would like i can send you the form?
    ahh yes bruv can u please send me it.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starkov)
    I filled in a paper accommodation form... got my confirmation that they recieved it last week!
    ooo yeah i did the same.. filled in the paper one and got a little postcard thing saying they got it a week or so later

am just confused as to why some got an online app and others a paper app:confused:

ReputationRep:
    oh so you have sent it of already?

so you dont need it anymore?

ive got liberty park as my 1st and 2nd choice

ReputationRep:
    Dmu is my insurance choice for photography.

What accommodation is everyone appliying/applied for??
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ive applied for all the ones with Ensuites and double beds. Ive just put it as my insurance too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate3109)
    Dmu is my insurance choice for photography.

What accommodation is everyone appliying/applied for??
    My friend (and housemate) is doing Photography and video

He lived in Newarke Point last year - mainly because it is 30 seconds from his faculty building - and I lived in Bede Hall

ReputationRep:
    haha nice...i was thinking newarke for the closenes aswell....how does he rate the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate3109)
    haha nice...i was thinking newarke for the closenes aswell....how does he rate the course.
    And he lived on the ground floor so he didn't even have to climb 8 flights of stairs like some people (because I can guarantee the lift will break in the 2nd week and not get fixed for months) and it made it easier for me to go round and get into his flat lol

As for the course, he is enjoying it - but he is a lazy arse so leaves his work till the last minute and then complains, but from what I see (and he tells me) he doesn't have that much contact time and a lot of the work is self directed ... so you do have to have some motivation (as well as thick skin ... standing around outside repositioning a lego man, doll, pipe-cleaner flower and other toys that you are filming does get you a few strange looks and comments!)

ReputationRep:
    hey guys just wondering if anyone has heard ANYTHING about their accomodation?

Any rooms been given yet?? i havent heard anything as of yet.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I got an acknowledgement about accomodation, but not heard anything like what room yet.
    I applied for all the rooms with double beds and ensuites

ReputationRep:
    hey guys just wondering if anyone has heard ANYTHING about their accomodation?

Any rooms been given yet?? i havent heard anything as of yet.
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    I got an acknowledgement about accomodation, but not heard anything like what room yet.
    I applied for all the rooms with double beds and ensuites

I didn't find out about what room i'd got until August. Don't know if thats what its like for all halls or just Grosvenor...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steeler4life)
    I didn't find out about what room i'd got until August. Don't know if thats what its like for all halls or just Grosvenor...
    ahh i guess ive applied super early then, i guess the uni cannot give rooms out until it knows who has been accepted after their a level results and all cos thats mainly the bulk of their new students.

ahh wells just gotta wait till august now:woo:

just need to fill in my finanace form.. is just dumped on my table looking evil grrr
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Great, I want to know where I'll be living.

ReputationRep:
    I put Liberty Park as 1 + 2, (Deluxe first) and then Victoria for 3, 4, 5. I think it said somewhere that when you get an email confirming, it'd tell you which room you've been allocated?

Only thing I'm trying to work with is the fact you have to pay £1600ish BEFORE your student loan comes through, by 20th Sept. I live only with my mum who earns £8000 a year, so my only solution at the moment is to save as much as I can from my £200per month wage, and find a student bank account with an overdraft that will suffice. But that's even more confusing...

How come DMU are asking for this huge amount so early? People at other uni's from last year only had to pay the deposit, and then around that amount in October, after they got their loan/grant through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallucinated)
    I put Liberty Park as 1 + 2, (Deluxe first) and then Victoria for 3, 4, 5. I think it said somewhere that when you get an email confirming, it'd tell you which room you've been allocated?

Only thing I'm trying to work with is the fact you have to pay £1600ish BEFORE your student loan comes through, by 20th Sept. I live only with my mum who earns £8000 a year, so my only solution at the moment is to save as much as I can from my £200per month wage, and find a student bank account with an overdraft that will suffice. But that's even more confusing...

How come DMU are asking for this huge amount so early? People at other uni's from last year only had to pay the deposit, and then around that amount in October, after they got their loan/grant through.

:eek:

Why do you have to pay so much? I had to pay about £800 before my loan came through, as well as £150 deposit. That was 2 years ago though.

ReputationRep:
    OH MAAAAAN HAS ANYONE ELSE RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM DMU ASKING TO FILL IN THE ONLINE ACCOMODATION APPLICATION??

i just got one right now and its asking me to fill it in but i thought they already got my paper based one??!!!
    and i cannot even remember the order i put the halls in, in terms of preferance

helllps
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yup, I got one. Can't remember my preferences either. bum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Yup, I got one. Can't remember my preferences either. bum.
    lol welll fear not lady!!

i phoned them up and told them i already filled a paper one out and got the little postcard saying that got my application and he said that in that case there is no need to fill in the online app, its just being extra, they have my application and i shall wait until the end of the academic year to hear of my uni hall place... hopefully lol
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    lol welll fear not lady!!

i phoned them up and told them i already filled a paper one out and got the little postcard saying that got my application and he said that in that case there is no need to fill in the online app, its just being extra, they have my application and i shall wait until the end of the academic year to hear of my uni hall place... hopefully lol
    You are kidding me! I did it all online again

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.