Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    You are kidding me! I did it all online again
    hahaha really?? well i guess that can only be a good thing riiight??

i would do the same but i cannot remember my preferences for the life of me!

ReputationRep:
    Helllllllooooooooo!

I recently got accepted here as well

Doing the Journalism course, the test was piss really (except for those 'general knowledge' questions, which were ridiculous).

I'm stuck between here and Sunderland tbh, I really like the accommodation at DMU, especially as it is a minute walk from the journalism department, and it is 3rd for Journalism but the tutors seemed snobby and annoying.
    Whilst at Sunderland the course and tutors seemed really nice and cool, but the accommodation is appalling, with 8 people sharing 1 toilet and bath. I prefer en suite, but if the shared facilities was nice then I wouldn't mind but it isn't-it's pretty bad.

Anybody else pass the Journalism test or looking at Sunderland as well?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    Helllllllooooooooo!

I recently got accepted here as well

Doing the Journalism course, the test was piss really (except for those 'general knowledge' questions, which were ridiculous).

I'm stuck between here and Sunderland tbh, I really like the accommodation at DMU, especially as it is a minute walk from the journalism department, and it is 3rd for Journalism but the tutors seemed snobby and annoying.
    Whilst at Sunderland the course and tutors seemed really nice and cool, but the accommodation is appalling, with 8 people sharing 1 toilet and bath. I prefer en suite, but if the shared facilities was nice then I wouldn't mind but it isn't-it's pretty bad.

Anybody else pass the Journalism test or looking at Sunderland as well?
    Congrat's.. We'll be on the same course then! x)

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Drama in September. Soo excited. =D x

ReputationRep:
    Here you are, wont be off topic here, we need to keep the other thread for OTH:yep:
    Awsome, well Done! So your definatly going then? For me it's between NTU and DMU... tough decisions!
    Bloody lucky getting an uncondtional though! I want an unconditional :mad: Do you think if I just added an UN to my conditional it would work:p:

Ahh, you'll get loads of chances to mix with lots of other people ; not just those from school/college.
    I went to check out Nottingham Trent and DMU.. I went to the DMU open day then drove to NTU. I was proper suprised when I realised that DMU (for the course I'm doing History and politics) is way better than NTU. Even though I don't know what the actual teaching is like; the Halls and the positioning of everything was brilliant, and everywhere looks really flash and modern.

And the fact that this hot Spanish girl was showing us round didn't influence my desicion AT ALL haha :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Interview and exam day tommorow for Journalism anyone? x
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by seanyboy501)
    I went to check out Nottingham Trent and DMU.. I went to the DMU open day then drove to NTU. I was proper suprised when I realised that DMU (for the course I'm doing History and politics) is way better than NTU. Even though I don't know what the actual teaching is like; the Halls and the positioning of everything was brilliant, and everywhere looks really flash and modern.

And the fact that this hot Spanish girl was showing us round didn't influence my desicion AT ALL haha :woo:
    Haha, sure, sure :tongue:

So, DMU it is for you then?

Ema.Dot: Are they still interviewing? Jeez! I went to the first one, im suprised they're interviewing so late, they said once all the places were full they'd stop! I can't believe for a minute that the 24 places haven't been taken!

ReputationRep:
    hey people.. i got an unconditional offer at dmu n its my firm choice so most definately be attending dmu. i will be doing business and management and when i went for the open day i fell in love with the uni and leicester itself. i didnt even bother going to an open day at my other choice which was northampton lool.

now i am just confused abt the accommodation situation coz i have grosvenor as my first choice then newarke.. i hope grovesnor is a good hall so if anyone got info like wot the accommodation is like and the rooms and all that will be great. so april is around the corner n apparently if you have dmu as your firm or have it as conditional, accommodation allocation is starting in april... i am so hyped and cnt wait to find out where i will be staying.

all i can say is they better not put at grange court coz its not even one of my choices and from what i read abt it i dont like the hall if people are saying i need to avoid it like a plague looool

ReputationRep:
    hey every1! is anyone else doing psychology at DMU? i got a conditional offer and i am going to choose DMU as my firm choice. hopefully ill be able to stay in victoria halls cuz the look the best.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.
    I'm coming to DMU to do Computer Games Programming in September, got an unconditional so definitely coming. I'm currently a second year aero student at Herts but have decided to change direction completely. Ill be 21 when I start so I'll be feeling old! Anyone else doing the course? I've applied for a place at Benjamin Russell accommodation which is a private hall with Derwent Living, is anyone else staying there?

Lyssa

ReputationRep:
    DMU for me. Business and Management and I think I applied at Victoria... Yea, I can't remember haha!

I can't wait. Gunna be one helllllll of an experience.

Anyone had a taster of a night out in Leicester yet?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Anyone heard from accomodation? I'm so excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youknowit)
    DMU for me. Business and Management and I think I applied at Victoria... Yea, I can't remember haha!

I can't wait. Gunna be one helllllll of an experience.

Anyone had a taster of a night out in Leicester yet?
    Leicester's pretty good for nights out actually. You'll soon get to know Liquid and Zanzibar. There's also Mosh and Life as well.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really excited too. As bizaare as this might sound, I really like Leicester. I think there is something really welcoming about it. =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephyrose23)
    I'm really excited too. As bizaare as this might sound, I really like Leicester. I think there is something really welcoming about it. =)
    This is true. I lived next to a brothel and above a heroin den last year, and I still had no complaints!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    This is true. I lived next to a brothel and above a heroin den last year, and I still had no complaints!
    Hahaha! But seriously, did that happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephyrose23)
    Hahaha! But seriously, did that happen?
    I kid thee not, 'tis genuine.

We had a painter/decorator come in over a period of 3 weeks in the summer term. When he got up to our flats, he told us that the ones below (underground) had bloodstains on the wall. He also found used syringes and used tourniquets which the occupants had made no effort to hide! We'd had that going on under us for a year and we never knew!

We lived next to a low rent hotel, which looks perfectly valid from the outside, but when you see 6 or 7 ladies in fishnets waiting outside at half one in the morning, you begin to suspect things. Indeed, these suspicions were confirmed when we saw their Jamaican pimp arrive via an Audi A4 and from our local kebab man who popped in the hotel one night. Later that week after coming back from DMU union as it happens, we saw him give money to the women he'd been with earlier that week. Quite the eye opener.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Youknowit]DMU for me. Business and Management and I think I applied at Victoria... Yea, I can't remember haha!

Hey, I am going to be doing business and management aswel!!! Cnt wait for sep to come loool. I am hoping to stay in grosvenor hall... see you there

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from accomodation? I'm so excited!
    Hey cutiepie, I called them last week and they said the allocation is starting in the beginning of may and then the contracts will be sent off to us in june so I am well excited and hopefully I will get my first choice which is grosevenor hall. So are you saving some money for freshers???? Do u think we will get more info on that nearer the time for us to go there?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by psuaredsexy)
    Hey cutiepie, I called them last week and they said the allocation is starting in the beginning of may and then the contracts will be sent off to us in june so I am well excited and hopefully I will get my first choice which is grosevenor hall. So are you saving some money for freshers???? Do u think we will get more info on that nearer the time for us to go there?
    Hey, Oh thanks for that! I'm going to ring them tomorrow to ask about how much or student loans etc cover for living costs etc!

Oo I think I put that for my first choice too! It's reall exciting! haha yeah I'm saving for Freshers. I don't drink though so I don't spend alot when I go out!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.