Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Hey, Oh thanks for that! I'm going to ring them tomorrow to ask about how much or student loans etc cover for living costs etc!

Oo I think I put that for my first choice too! It's reall exciting! haha yeah I'm saving for Freshers. I don't drink though so I don't spend alot when I go out!
    ehhhhh! They say Uni is a time for a lot of change

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from accomodation? I'm so excited!
    they sent me an email and postal letter saying that allocation for halls begins in april and contracts will be sent no later the july for us to sign and return to them.

im not letting myself get all excited this time round, incase something, God forbid, happens thats ruins everything.

im just keeping quiet about it all lol.. my mum is telling her friends, 'ohh my son is off to uni this year' and im like 'yeah, hopefully'

my mum keeps telling me to stop saying that, shes like 'you've got an uncon offer, YOU ARE GOING!!!'

well i hope i am lol

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for Human Psychology. Also got the letter about accommodation being sent out. I applied to Liberty Park first, then I think Victoria.

Anyone else slightly worried about the whole paying £1600 BEFORE student loan comes through?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys
    im doing speech and language therapy come Septemeber!!!

does anyone know how long it takes for student finance to come back to you about your loan once you have applied?? i applied ages ago and still havent heard anything!!!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been able to apply for accomadation cos DMU is my insurance, booooooo..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han265)
    hey guys

does anyone know how long it takes for student finance to come back to you about your loan once you have applied?? i applied ages ago and still havent heard anything!!!
    Well I remember applying for it after I got accepted in clearing for Leicester. I applied online. They then get back to you about a month or so before you go to Uni if I recall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han265)
    hey guys

Me too!! Im really excited!!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I am excited.

That is all.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    We find out accomodation soon!
    I want to find someone who's doing NCTJ accredited Journalism in September so I atleast know someone!

ReputationRep:
    I want to find someone who's doing NCTJ accredited Journalism in September so I atleast know someone!
    Really, because I'm sick of waiting now, lol.

ReputationRep:
    gosh!!!! i really cant wait to knw wer i have bn allocated!! how much longer do we have to wait?? i bet they are lovin making us wait like this hehehe. have any of you opened an student accountts yet??? its silly that they have to make us pay that ammount before our loan comes through..uurrrghh!!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It's about another month until we find out.

ReputationRep:
    Meeeee! But I think you already knew that. I already have my exam results (gap year) so I know I'm definitely on the course too

Edit: I'm actually kind of worried about the course now though, because I'm not sure if they are NCTJ accredited
    If you go on the NCTJ website it says the Post-grad course is accredited, and when I talked to the tutors on the open day they said that they are trying to get the under-grad course accredited for this year starting Sep. But when you go on De Montfort's website it says you do the NCTJ preliminary certificate exams but doesn't say its accredited. What exactly does this mean?

ReputationRep:
    Im still waiting to find out what halls i got :P, cant wait to be a fresher tho, hope the drama course is decent as well x

ReputationRep:
    yeah am tired of waiting for halls man! july they said would be the latest we would know.. so i think they are gonna tell us at the last possible minute lol

anyone done their student finance yet? im ALMOST done.. just need to sort a few things out.. deadline is coming up soon Erghh.. wish i hadnt left it so late

ReputationRep:
    Man I havent even started that student finance thing. WOOPS

Better start soon lol, is it just like applying for ema etc. Whens the deadline?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    Meeeee! But I think you already knew that. I already have my exam results (gap year) so I know I'm definitely on the course too

Edit: I'm actually kind of worried about the course now though, because I'm not sure if they are NCTJ accredited
    If you go on the NCTJ website it says the Post-grad course is accredited, and when I talked to the tutors on the open day they said that they are trying to get the under-grad course accredited for this year starting Sep. But when you go on De Montfort's website it says you do the NCTJ preliminary certificate exams but doesn't say its accredited. What exactly does this mean?
    Oo..well Hi hehe! Look forward to seeing you - if I get the grades which im worrying about!

Yeah ive been thinking about the NCTJ accredited thing too.. I wonder if they did get accredited for it or not? Would it be worth sending them an email just to ask?

I'll try to find someone on the first day who looks like they go on TSR and come and say hi to you! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barton1)
    Man I havent even started that student finance thing. WOOPS

Better start soon lol, is it just like applying for ema etc. Whens the deadline?
    i think the deadline is 24th of june if you are being tested (like checking how much the parents earn etc)

Oh man applying for EMA was piss compared to student finance.. ive done this once before and its the biggest headache ever

you need references/evidence of earnings, uni place etcc/you need to send some sort of I.D etcc

and the way they word the questions is horrible!

Applying for EMA is like applying for a gym membership

Applying for finance is like applying for a passport x 20 :eek3:

Side note- anyone else get an email from DMU today saying that they hoped the reservation letters for halls would have been sent out by now but they have been delayed and will send them asap??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusuf.T)
    i think the deadline is 24th of june if you are being tested (like checking how much the parents earn etc)

Oh man applying for EMA was piss compared to student finance.. ive done this once before and its the biggest headache ever

you need references/evidence of earnings, uni place etcc/you need to send some sort of I.D etcc

and the way they word the questions is horrible!

Applying for EMA is like applying for a gym membership

Applying for finance is like applying for a passport x 20 :eek3:

Side note- anyone else get an email from DMU today saying that they hoped the reservation letters for halls would have been sent out by now but they have been delayed and will send them asap??
    Yes! I did! I got all excited 'cause I thought it might have been the actual allocation letter.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long now though.

=D

ReputationRep:
    I remember a school mate of mine telling me that the holiday between moving from primary school to secondary school was the best one there was. Then I grew up another 6 years and then even after the slight dissapointment of my results, it was the best Summer ever. Don't wish your summer away. Uni will add to what is likely to be an epic summer anyway.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.