Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    I remember a school mate of mine telling me that the holiday between moving from primary school to secondary school was the best one there was. Then I grew up another 6 years and then even after the slight dissapointment of my results, it was the best Summer ever. Don't wish your summer away. Uni will add to what is likely to be an epic summer anyway.
    I'm literally counting down the days until my exams are over and summer begins.

I CAN'T WAIT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Oo..well Hi hehe! Look forward to seeing you - if I get the grades which im worrying about!

Yeah ive been thinking about the NCTJ accredited thing too.. I wonder if they did get accredited for it or not? Would it be worth sending them an email just to ask?

I'll try to find someone on the first day who looks like they go on TSR and come and say hi to you! :rolleyes:
    Hmm yeah, I sent them an email about a month ago but I never got a response, I'll try again

I'll wear a TSR bumbag so you know which one is me

You met anyone else on our course? I bet we're too cool for school :cool:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    Hmm yeah, I sent them an email about a month ago but I never got a response, I'll try again

I'll wear a TSR bumbag so you know which one is me

You met anyone else on our course? I bet we're too cool for school :cool:
    I got an email yesterday to say that they had hoped to give us our addresses etc by now..but there's been a delay. Did you get it?

haha, yeahh wear a TSR bumbag or hat:rolleyes:
    Nopes Ive not met anyone yet. How did you find the NCTJ test btw? I didn't really talk to anyone on that day..so now I feel I dont know anyone!

ReputationRep:
    I got an email yesterday to say that they had hoped to give us our addresses etc by now..but there's been a delay. Did you get it?

haha, yeahh wear a TSR bumbag or hat:rolleyes:
    Nopes Ive not met anyone yet. How did you find the NCTJ test btw? I didn't really talk to anyone on that day..so now I feel I dont know anyone!
    I got an email but it was just another acknowledgment letter for some reason.

I thought the test wasn't too bad (even though I was like 30 mins late ), the only bit that was stupid was the 'general' knowledge questions... everybody whipped out their phones because they were ridiculous, I didn't though :woo: I copied from the guy next to me instead :ninja: How am I meant to know who the Finance minister for Ireland was two years ago :confused: Did you also notice how most of the people who didn't cheat, didn't pass? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I talked quite a bit, but only because I had mass verbal diarrhea, so it was mostly bollox about cats and... walruses, and other fascinating topics. The only few people I did actually talk to properly said they weren't coming to DMU

Which group were you in? I was in the in-the-middle group :cool:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I got an email but it was just another acknowledgment letter for some reason.

I thought the test wasn't too bad (even though I was like 30 mins late ), the only bit that was stupid was the 'general' knowledge questions... everybody whipped out their phones because they were ridiculous, I didn't though :woo: I copied from the guy next to me instead :ninja: How am I meant to know who the Finance minister for Ireland was two years ago :confused: Did you also notice how most of the people who didn't cheat, didn't pass? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I talked quite a bit, but only because I had mass verbal diarrhea, so it was mostly bollox about cats and... walruses, and other fascinating topics. The only few people I did actually talk to properly said they weren't coming to DMU

Which group were you in? I was in the in-the-middle group :cool:
    Heyy.. I didn't cheat! I didn't use my phone..just answered the ones I could and then hoped for the best!

I don't think I'll get the grades though to be honest, I think I'll have to end up doing the joint honours!

ReputationRep:
    Heyy.. I didn't cheat! I didn't use my phone..just answered the ones I could and then hoped for the best!

I don't think I'll get the grades though to be honest, I think I'll have to end up doing the joint honours!
    :eek: Damn I was hoping you were going to say you cheated... It might have made me feel better :o:

You will don't worry, I didn't even have the necessary points and they gave me a place (I'm not stoopid, just **** at exams... like, really ****). I think its because I had prior experience, I showed them my ickle portfolio and they seemed to like it. Or Tor wanted my ass. Whichever.

For added blessings I got Raptor Jesus to pray for you

Did anyone in your interview have a portfolio? I was the only one in the entire like 30 person group who did :O It made me feel speshial... :yep:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    :eek: Damn I was hoping you were going to say you cheated... It might have made me feel better :o:

You will don't worry, I didn't even have the necessary points and they gave me a place (I'm not stoopid, just **** at exams... like, really ****). I think its because I had prior experience, I showed them my ickle portfolio and they seemed to like it. Or Tor wanted my ass. Whichever.

For added blessings I got Raptor Jesus to pray for you

Did anyone in your interview have a portfolio? I was the only one in the entire like 30 person group who did :O It made me feel speshial... :yep:
    Haha, thank you!

Yeah some people had portfolio's..I just got told not to take one so didn't bother. Where have you done some workexperience?

ReputationRep:
    Expect to see me at DMU this summer with all of you!
    I'll be studying BSc Computer Science.

Their accomodation application is taking forever and I also received the 'acknowledgement' e-mail.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Awsome. When we get our accomodation sorted we should see which of us are going to be near one another etc..

ReputationRep:
    at last got my confirmation of deferal so definately have a place. Not entirely sure about going yet though... still

ReputationRep:
    ANYONE BEEN INVITED FOR A SUMMER SCHOOL DAY THING BY DMU ON THE 17TH JUNE??

they want me to come and spend a day there.. get a feel for the place.. experience lectures.. meet students... have guided tours etcc

and best of all

FREEEEE LUNCH!!!! =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusuf.T)

they want me to come and spend a day there.. get a feel for the place.. experience lectures.. meet students... have guided tours etcc

and best of all

FREEEEE LUNCH!!!! =D
    I'd do it mate. Anything to get a taste of what's to come before you jump in is highly recommended.

I went into Leicester Uni via clearing and found out that they had an Open Day a week before I was due to join! I'd not seen the Uni before that. Had I not gone that day, I would have been up s**t creek without a paddle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    I'd do it mate. Anything to get a taste of what's to come before you jump in is highly recommended.

I went into Leicester Uni via clearing and found out that they had an Open Day a week before I was due to join! I'd not seen the Uni before that. Had I not gone that day, I would have been up s**t creek without a paddle.
    Yeah im for sure going.. i told my mum and she was like YUSUF YOU ARE GOING OK!!! I wasnt even complaining about it, i was just telling her lol

yeah it seems like a good idea to have a day for freshers to get a feel for the place waaay in advance.. its like when ur in primary school, just about to go to secondary school and you spend a day at A secondary school to get a feel for it.

it works out well because the 17th of june is when my holidays from work start so im completely free lol
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Oh, I haven't had that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusuf.T)

and best of all

FREEEEE LUNCH!!!! =D

i have had this letter and i am going to go to it, maybe i shall see you there yusuf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ras90)
    i have had this letter and i am going to go to it, maybe i shall see you there yusuf
    yeah bruv im for sure going.. atleast ill sorta know someone there enit lol

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,
    Anyoneee consideringg or doiing English at DMU?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Im going to the summer school on the 25th/26th of July. (I think those were the dates!)

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure whether I'm going to go to a summer school yet... I think I should. Still, I think I'm going to fail History big time tomorrow. I hope they let me in if I mess it up and get like an E... As long as I do well in my chosen subject of course :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissKeriBaby)
    Heeey do you have 2 apply for summer school?
    Cos i wuna goooooo
    naaa i dont think you cann apply for it.. i just got invited to it b/c its my faculty that are hosting the thing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.