Band member keeps using me for lifts

Watch this thread
PIXIEGIRL666
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I'm in a band and since passing my test, another member keeps expecting lifts. She lives nowhere near me and I have communicated this to her, yet still expects lifts for free. It's actually now affecting the band because our drummer recently left due to other commitments and now all the driving and pressure has been put onto my shoulders.I'm now currently withholding plans for the band because of this. She makes me feel bad when I say no. I said no last time because my engine light is temperamental (which it is) and she tried everything to try and trick me to take her home.She tried leaving her stuff in my car in hopes I'd forget then would have to take her home. I then reminded her she was getting a bus home. She then complained she had to wait an hour for her bus... So went around ringing everyone she knew who drives who also told her no. It's got to the point she doesn't ask, offers no petrol and when I do ask I have to beg her for a payment like 3 times after. She even keeps suggesting plans that I know she wouldn't be able to make it too and then once its planned, she's waiting for me to pick her up.Funny thing is, I'm not the only driver in the band yet it seems to be okay when they say no to giving lifts. I don't want the band falling apart because of her entitlement. What would you do?
I've even noticed how she doesn't bother as much anymore since I've stopped the lifts. It's like she's giving me the silent treatment.
Last edited by PIXIEGIRL666; 4 weeks ago
Chicken.M.
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
what would I do?

I would have just said no in the first place and then not respond if she asks again. I don't like repeating myself lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads