Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Too many people are cynical. When things have happened, they've happened for example the US Election and Bush finishing his reigh. There is no point saying what could or should have happened because its happened. So rather than finding the worst in things i.e. criticising Bush or Obama, lets focus on the good things that have happened, and acknowledge the bad things as something that can be improved on. And once in a while, if everyone believes in this change (as many people are Obama supporters) then be optimistic, not cynical about anything and smile and then things will work out. Don't say can't, won't or never, but 'Yes I/we can!'

:nah:

Happy now?

*Goes back to moaning and grumbling to self*

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Surely forcing yourself to be optomistic and smiley during times of trouble and hardship is effectively like bottling it all up and therefore making more trouble than solving it...

That said, i'll smile for you

ReputationRep:
    It is intelligent to be critical; it is wise to not be.

It is silliest of all though to extemporise silly paradoxes. :o:

ReputationRep:
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it."

I smile! XD

ReputationRep:
    Just wait and see what CHANGE it is at all.

ReputationRep:
    Just forget the impending mass unemployment and inevitable riots that will break out. Maybe thats why people arent smiling.

ReputationRep:
    Wear sunscreen.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.