LPC plus masters from BPP instead of just the LPC from BPP?

Watch this thread
Brahiti
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Would doing an LPC plus masters from BPP instead of just the LPC from BPP make someone more likely to be hired by law firms?
Gmaster1980
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Brahiti)
Would doing an LPC plus masters from BPP instead of just the LPC from BPP make someone more likely to be hired by law firms?
No
Samiferdo
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Are you doing LPC with LLM from BPP? If yes then please let me know your experiences as I was suppose to start the course on February 2022 but everything went Wong and BPP is having a lot of internal issues the enrollment team and finance team not helpful at all.
BPP Students
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Brahiti,
The answer is 'no'. I have met partners from law firms in person and asked them about LLM. One of them from Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP who visited Exeter said that if a candidate feels like he/she needs to or wants to do an LLM, then it's up to them to pursue that but an LLM won't help or hurt their applications. As a current LLM LPC student at BPP, I opted for an LLM since it's a free top-up for the LPC, as offered by BPP.

As an aspiring lawyer myself who has just graduated from Exeter with a 2.1 LLB and straightway embarked onto LPC LLM at BPP, I simply considered an LLM adds value to my CV next to my LLB to showcase to potential employers while offering this free opportunity to complete a professional project (5000-word thesis) in my legal area of interest. Besides, as a proud Brit who is classed as a Home student, an LLM makes me eligible to borrow the postgrad loan from Student Finance England, should I want to or even need to just in case. Hoping I have explained everything there is to talk about opting for LPC vs LPC LLM.
Wishing you all the best whichever course you go on to pursue at BPP: LPC or LPC LLM.
Farzana
BPP Ambassador
LPC LLM Student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.27%
As I expected (23)
29.87%
Harder (29)
37.66%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise