Graduate Uni even when you have not finished work

Watch this thread
Leucocholy
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I am in my final year of Uni, because of exceptional factors I wasn't able to complete 2 Unit assignments, which I will now have to complete in the resit period beginning of August, however, I wanted to ask if can I still attend graduation in July?
So in total, I have 4 units all worth 30 credits, I have completed 2 but not the other two.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Leucocholy)
Hi, I am in my final year of Uni, because of exceptional factors I wasn't able to complete 2 Unit assignments, which I will now have to complete in the resit period beginning of August, however, I wanted to ask if can I still attend graduation in July?
So in total, I have 4 units all worth 30 credits, I have completed 2 but not the other two.
No, you will need to have been awarded the credits to graduate... you havent yet completed the requirements to be awarded the degree.

Most universities have a December graduation period as well as a July one.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Leucocholy I'm afraid you will need to have completed every assignment in order to attend your graduation. Because as of July you will have two unpassed assignments, and you need to have passed everything in order to pass the course and therefore be able to graduate. It's a shame that you won't be able to graduate at the same time as most of your peers, but likely some other people on your course will also be resitting in August, so you shouldn't be completely alone, and upon passing these two assignments you will be able to attend the next graduation.

- Rosie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
45%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (5)
25%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
10%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
15%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5%

Watched Threads