Laptops in exams

Watch this thread
some stem neek
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have 2 alevel exams this week to which I use a laptop in both and was wondering if they see your screen throughout the exam to check suspicious behaviour, I am not in anyway suggest that I would cheat if they don’t but u am just curious. As obviously there is no auto correct and no wifi would they take extra precautions?
ShanPlaysOPYT
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
i think if you use an exam login you wont have any internet at all but my teachers , i am sure they don't monitor the laptops screen but I think if they see u being suspicious they wanna kinda slowly pass behind and be like "are u okay, everything fine " and then they go back to their seat
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
See section 14.25 of JCQ's Instructions for Conducting Examinations:

14.25 A word processor:
d) must be accommodated in such a way that other candidates are not disturbed
and cannot read the screen. Where a candidate using a word processor is
accommodated in another room, a separate invigilator will be required;
If a privacy screen is used to prevent other candidates seeing the screen, then invigilators won't be able to see it either. However, is you're in a separate room (hence no privacy screen required) then invigilators are likely to be able to see the screen.

Whether they bother to look or not is unclear. I see nothing in the linked instructions which mandate that they actively check screens.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (17)
29.82%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
38.6%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.51%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.02%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.28%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.75%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.75%

Watched Threads