Abcdea
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
#1
I have AS exams coming up any advice?
0
reply
Avani is a queen
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#2
Report 4 weeks ago
#2
(Original post by Abcdea)
I have AS exams coming up any advice?
what does as mean good luck
0
reply
JA03
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#3
Report 4 weeks ago
#3
(Original post by Avani is a queen)
what does as mean good luck
AS - Advanced subsidiary, they are exams you take towards the end of your first year of a-levels to be used as predicted grades for UCAS.
0
reply
JA03
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#4
Report 4 weeks ago
#4
(Original post by Abcdea)
I have AS exams coming up any advice?
AS chemistry, I done mine about a month ago (can't tell you what's on it) so I would suggest past paper questions, they are super helpful and a lot of questions in chemistry are repetitive with a lot of calculations and questions that appear similarly to those that will most likely be in your paper. if you happen to be doing ocr/aqa chemistry I can help you with any topics you're unsure of before your exam comes up but that's up to you (:
Last edited by JA03; 4 weeks ago
0
reply
METRIX64
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#5
Report 4 weeks ago
#5
I'm going to do A Level chem next year, does it overlap with GCSE? I am doing combined as Bio held me back.
0
reply
JA03
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#6
Report 4 weeks ago
#6
(Original post by METRIX64)
I'm going to do A Level chem next year, does it overlap with GCSE? I am doing combined as Bio held me back.
I do a-level chem now (currently in year 12) and im telling you, the jump between gcse and y12 (in my opinion) wasn't huge however it is the jump from year 12 to year 13. but if you happen to do ocr a chemistry, lmk and I can potentially help you.

example: in year 12, a simple balanced equation would be around 1 mark
in year 13, redox titration equations go up to 5 marks.
0
reply
METRIX64
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#7
Report 4 weeks ago
#7
(Original post by JA03)
I do a-level chem now (currently in year 12) and im telling you, the jump between gcse and y12 (in my opinion) wasn't huge however it is the jump from year 12 to year 13. but if you happen to do ocr a chemistry, lmk and I can potentially help you.

example: in year 12, a simple balanced equation would be around 1 mark
in year 13, redox titration equations go up to 5 marks.
Ok, I am working at 8 in Chem and will definitely take.
0
reply
JA03
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#8
Report 4 weeks ago
#8
(Original post by METRIX64)
Ok, I am working at 8 in Chem and will definitely take.
that is great! a great GCSE foundation to go on, I was predicted an 8, however my overall gcse chem grade was a 7 but I am still doing well in a level chemistry!
im going to give you my top tips in preparing for a-level chemistry!
> print out the specification, because the specification tells you everything you need to know so it can help block our irrelevant things
> be sure to have binders/files, whichever you say because they will be imperative for organisation when it comes to revision.
> draw/use diagrams when possible because they can help you visualise/understand the concepts of things
> download Anki! I use Anki all the time for chemistry and it really pays off believe me as it uses active recall. - I can show you my organisation but you can come up with your own.
> when it comes to lessons, after the lesson, whether its after school or in a free after your lesson, REVIEW the lesson notes, make sure you consolidate that knowledge. then after you finished a whole topic, use past paper questions the websites I use are studymind.co.uk and physicsandmathstutor.co.uk , savemyexams.co.uk is also good.
hope these are good! and feel free to share this with your friends!
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads

View All
Latest
My Feed