Online Dating

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello I wanted to try out Online Dating. I was wondering if anyone can give me any pointers towards what I can be able to do in order to obtain matches successfully and make my overall online dating experience a success and well worth the use. I am Asian and I wanted to find Asian matches specifically I politely requests I have heard of someone Asian Dating Apps, not used them before however heard off some from friends or a brief glance however none happen to be legitimate and are filled with fake profiles and catfishes so please suggest legitimate apps.

And I appreciate each and every single tip and advice. Thank you very much .
zuluwarrior7650
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Keep your beauty filter on the low side take normal pictures preferably outside (sunlight will be a bonus), with others

Bio - Try to appear slightly adventurous, you want at least 60% of the bio to be about yourself, talk about the other person in the last sentence, like a question.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by zuluwarrior7650)
Keep your beauty filter on the low side take normal pictures preferably outside (sunlight will be a bonus), with others

Bio - Try to appear slightly adventurous, you want at least 60% of the bio to be about yourself, talk about the other person in the last sentence, like a question.
Thank you, when you say 60% of the bio should be based around myself besides stating such as a brief introduction of name, age and educational status as well as interest and hobbies is there anything else that I need to include? What type of question may I ask in the end?
zuluwarrior7650
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you, when you say 60% of the bio should be based around myself besides stating such as a brief introduction of name, age and educational status as well as interest and hobbies is there anything else that I need to include? What type of question may I ask in the end?
Nothing more to include, maybe a joke, riddle, or a TV reference, these will help draw someone to you The question can be inviting or cheeky, e.g "what do you do after 9?" (Dont use this one) or "why haven't you swiped right yet" or something along those lines
Anonymous #1
(Original post by zuluwarrior7650)
Nothing more to include, maybe a joke, riddle, or a TV reference, these will help draw someone to you The question can be inviting or cheeky, e.g "what do you do after 9?" (Dont use this one) or "why haven't you swiped right yet" or something along those lines
Thank you very much. Amazing and wonderful tips .
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello I wanted to try out Online Dating. I was wondering if anyone can give me any pointers towards what I can be able to do in order to obtain matches successfully and make my overall online dating experience a success and well worth the use. I am Asian and I wanted to find Asian matches specifically I politely requests I have heard of someone Asian Dating Apps, not used them before however heard off some from friends or a brief glance however none happen to be legitimate and are filled with fake profiles and catfishes so please suggest legitimate apps.

When you said Asian, what do you mean by that? Because there's a muslim dating app called Muzzmatch that may be good for you to try (if that's the type of Asian you mean)
My tips would be:
1. Use 3 pictures of yourself, make sure they're recent pictures and don't use filters. It's okay to have a group photo, but make sure 2 are of just you (and make sure your main one is of just you)
2. If you're looking for a relationship, make sure you mention the "deal breakers" (eg, if you do/don't want children ect)
3. Make sure you write about your interests/hobbies
4. Keep your profile looking fun
5. Make sure you're available to meet a potential match within a week - if you match and get on with someone, they're gonna to get annoyed/not take you seriously if you say you're busy for 2 weeks+
Hope that helps!
Anonymous #1
When you said Asian, what do you mean by that? Because there's a muslim dating app called Muzzmatch that may be good for you to try (if that's the type of Asian you mean)
My tips would be:
1. Use 3 pictures of yourself, make sure they're recent pictures and don't use filters. It's okay to have a group photo, but make sure 2 are of just you (and make sure your main one is of just you)
2. If you're looking for a relationship, make sure you mention the "deal breakers" (eg, if you do/don't want children ect)
3. Make sure you write about your interests/hobbies
4. Keep your profile looking fun
5. Make sure you're available to meet a potential match within a week - if you match and get on with someone, they're gonna to get annoyed/not take you seriously if you say you're busy for 2 weeks+
Hope that helps!
Thank you very much, I’ll clarify more what I meant by Asian you kindly suggested like muzz however I am being cautious of fake and catfishing profiles hence I want my first time use and experience to be worth it on apps that I can be able to find Asian matches anything else besides muzz can you please clarify more about dealbreakers.

Thank you very much
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago

wanna date me papi chulo
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you very much, I’ll clarify more what I meant by Asian you kindly suggested like muzz however I am being cautious of fake and catfishing profiles hence I want my first time use and experience to be worth it on apps that I can be able to find Asian matches anything else besides muzz can you please clarify more about dealbreakers.

Thank you very much
There are fake and catfishing profiles on Every app/site but with Muzzmatch (unlike others) you actually Have you verify yourself through face recognition so imo it's more legit
I don't know any other asian specific ones other than that sorry
This is assuming you want a relationship, so putting dealbreakers (meaning things you wont compromise on) is important to add so you dont waste your/their time. so another one could be religion for example, or say you were a recovering alcoholic and therefore being with a partner who drinks alcohol may be triggering for you so you would want one who didnt drink, so putting that on there saying something like "It's important to me that my partner does not drink alcohol" - i hope this makes sense?
Anonymous #1
wanna date me papi chulo
Wow I’m flattered 😂.
Anonymous #1
There are fake and catfishing profiles on Every app/site but with Muzzmatch (unlike others) you actually Have you verify yourself through face recognition so imo it's more legit
I don't know any other asian specific ones other than that sorry
This is assuming you want a relationship, so putting dealbreakers (meaning things you wont compromise on) is important to add so you dont waste your/their time. so another one could be religion for example, or say you were a recovering alcoholic and therefore being with a partner who drinks alcohol may be triggering for you so you would want one who didnt drink, so putting that on there saying something like "It's important to me that my partner does not drink alcohol" - i hope this makes sense?
That’s brilliant may I just ask how long of a wait does it take or patience for online dating to work and be a success.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
That’s brilliant may I just ask how long of a wait does it take or patience for online dating to work and be a success.
It varies. I've used Tinder, Bumble and Muzzmatch. On Tinder, it took me a few days. On Bumble, it took me 30 minutes. On Muzzmatch it took me 2 hours. But it also depends on you. I know people it has taken a lot longer for. When I used Tinder and Bumble it was only for something casual, so Bumble was a success straight away for me, Tinder was unsuccessful. For Muzzmatch I was looking for a relationship and that also didn't end up happening. I only had all three for about 3 weeks though before deleting them!
Anonymous #4
Report 4 weeks ago
Online dating is 90% looks based. I wouldn’t recommend unless you’re especially attractive as a man, otherwise your options will be very limited.

And if you’re a girl and not attractive, they won’t be serious options that you’d actually desire and if they are, they’ll be looking to use your for your body.
Anonymous #1
It varies. I've used Tinder, Bumble and Muzzmatch. On Tinder, it took me a few days. On Bumble, it took me 30 minutes. On Muzzmatch it took me 2 hours. But it also depends on you. I know people it has taken a lot longer for. When I used Tinder and Bumble it was only for something casual, so Bumble was a success straight away for me, Tinder was unsuccessful. For Muzzmatch I was looking for a relationship and that also didn't end up happening. I only had all three for about 3 weeks though before deleting them!
As it’s muzz I will be using my preference and intention is for a relationship to be able to understand, communicate well and relate with someone who shares the similar interests, hobbies and vision in terms of what they want as a future. So this wouldn’t be something where I give up on overnight but let time flow you reckon?
Anonymous #1
Online dating is 90% looks based. I wouldn’t recommend unless you’re especially attractive as a man, otherwise your options will be very limited.

And if you’re a girl and not attractive, they won’t be serious options that you’d actually desire and if they are, they’ll be looking to use your for your body.
Ah dang that’s no good I thought people also valued personality and your heart.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
As it’s muzz I will be using my preference and intention is for a relationship to be able to understand, communicate well and relate with someone who shares the similar interests, hobbies and vision in terms of what they want as a future. So this wouldn’t be something where I give up on overnight but let time flow you reckon?
Well you have to regularly use it because you can only swipe so many times a day. But yes, I wouldn't expect a match in day one
Anonymous #4
Report 4 weeks ago
Ah dang that’s no good I thought people also valued personality and your heart.
You will definitely find that but when people only have a picture of you and have more options that are a swipe away, people will not bother if you’re not as attractive as they have been seeing/expect, even if they’re not in the league of their type.

Online dating has skewed peoples standards/expectations, but once you pass that requirement, you can find genuine people there, don’t let this dishearten you just prepare the worst but hope for the best.

Good luck!
Anonymous #1
You will definitely find that but when people only have a picture of you and have more options that are a swipe away, people will not bother if you’re not as attractive as they have been seeing/expect, even if they’re not in the league of their type.

Online dating has skewed peoples standards/expectations, but once you pass that requirement, you can find genuine people there, don’t let this dishearten you just prepare the worst but hope for the best.

Good luck!
Thank you very much for boosting my self moral and keeping me optimistic .
dawn_moon
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
You should try zoosk. I know a lot of people who found love there. It’s a great platform with a clean design that makes it really easy to use. I also try it one time and had a trouble with logging in, so I contact zoosk costumer service and they replied very fast. Their service works well and it’s a dating app that can be trusted. I chatted with a lot of amazing boys there, but then I met a guy at work, so I stopped online dating. Don’t give up after a few failed attempts. You’ll definitely find someone. Good luck!
Last edited by dawn_moon; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
29.55%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (17)
38.64%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.55%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.55%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
6.82%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.64%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.27%

Watched Threads