a level help plssss

Watch this thread
plaidshirtbigirl
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i am currently doing two a levels and one btec but i am thinking of dropping one of my a levels cause it just isn’t for me.
problem is, is idk if i should fasttrack another a level or another btec.

i’d like to do psychology ideally at cardiff met.
my options are a level sociology or btec psychology. what do you guys recommend??
help asap pllsss
emmap2003
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by plaidshirtbigirl)
i am currently doing two a levels and one btec but i am thinking of dropping one of my a levels cause it just isn’t for me.
problem is, is idk if i should fasttrack another a level or another btec.

i’d like to do psychology ideally at cardiff met.
my options are a level sociology or btec psychology. what do you guys recommend??
help asap pllsss
I'm going to take a guess and assume you're in year 12, otherwise it's a bit late. I would dicuss it with someone at college/sixth form and get their opinion but if you really don't like it, then definitely drop it. A levels are difficult and if you don't like it anymore, you won't be motivated to revise for it. Also look at what requirements you need at cardiff if that's the course you want to do. If you want to take all exams next year, you might struggle a bit to learn a new a level in that time so a btec might be a bit easier.

Hope that somehow helps
plaidshirtbigirl
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by emmap2003)
I'm going to take a guess and assume you're in year 12, otherwise it's a bit late. I would dicuss it with someone at college/sixth form and get their opinion but if you really don't like it, then definitely drop it. A levels are difficult and if you don't like it anymore, you won't be motivated to revise for it. Also look at what requirements you need at cardiff if that's the course you want to do. If you want to take all exams next year, you might struggle a bit to learn a new a level in that time so a btec might be a bit easier.

Hope that somehow helps
thank you! and yes i am year 12
i spoke to my personal tutor today and she didn’t say it would be bad to do two btecs. i’m just worried if it could disadvantage me when applying to unis.
i’m pretty sure cardiff met accepts a mixture of a levels and btecs and also goes off of tariff points rather than just a level grades.
if it says minimum two a levels, would that mean i’d be better off doing a level sociology rather than btec psychology?
thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise