Intercalating medicine

Watch this thread
Elisha64203
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I'm a medical student and I intercalated after my 3rd year. So this year I am going into my 5th year of study and I'm eligible for the NHS bursary. However, I'm only in my 4th year of medicine. When I re-apply for student finance should I select that I am in my 5th year of study? Otherwise the the system thinks I am eligible for full student finance again this year, which I'm not.
SFE Erin N
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Elisha64203)
Hi,

I'm a medical student and I intercalated after my 3rd year. So this year I am going into my 5th year of study and I'm eligible for the NHS bursary. However, I'm only in my 4th year of medicine. When I re-apply for student finance should I select that I am in my 5th year of study? Otherwise the the system thinks I am eligible for full student finance again this year, which I'm not.
Hi There,

You’ll need to state that you’re in the 4th year of your course; we’ll award the correct finance as part of the assessment process.

Thanks, Erin N
Elisha64203
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply.
So do I state that I want a tuition fee loan? Even though I know I'm not eligible for one?

Thanks
(Original post by SFE Erin N)
Hi There,

You’ll need to state that you’re in the 4th year of your course; we’ll award the correct finance as part of the assessment process.

Thanks, Erin N
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Elisha64203)
Thanks for the reply.
So do I state that I want a tuition fee loan? Even though I know I'm not eligible for one?

Thanks
Hi there,

You would say you don't want this.

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (25)
27.78%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
34.44%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.89%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.33%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.56%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
14.44%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (3)
3.33%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise