I am regretting my firm choice for uni!

Watch this thread
simxne_
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have had my offers for about 4 months now, but I made my decision yesterday and put one university as my firm choice, but shortly later, I started having second thoughts and now think I should have put a different one (the grades are the same for both). (I am not always the best at making decisions...) I know I need to contact UCAS within 14 days, but since I have technically declined the second university, will it still be likely that they will let me change my decision? If I call tomorrow morning, I'm worried it could be too late!!
Thanks

Update: Thanks everyone, UCAS didn't ask me much since I only made the decision 2 days ago, and I feel much more comfortable with this decision. : )
Last edited by simxne_; 1 month ago
Lauracarter123
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by simxne_)
I have had my offers for about 4 months now, but I made my decision yesterday and put one university as my firm choice, but shortly later, I started having second thoughts and now think I should have put a different one (the grades are the same for both). (I am not always the best at making decisions...) I know I need to contact UCAS within 14 days, but since I have technically declined the second university, will it still be likely that they will let me change my decision? If I call tomorrow morning, I'm worried it could be too late!!
Thanks
If you are quick I think it's fine. Bear in mind someone could select something accidentally.
simxne_
Rep:
(Original post by Lauracarter123)
If you are quick I think it's fine. Bear in mind someone could select something accidentally.
I was thinking that, but I was still a bit worried - I suppose they probably wouldn't just say that it's too late if it was a mistake. thank you
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Btw, its very normal to start to get anxious at this stage - a little bit worried, a little bit excited, not sure if you have done the right thing etc. Just make sure you are making any changes for the right reasons, and not just having-a-panic that you might change you mind about all over again.
micholate9
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I agree with McGinger! Make sure you're not acting out of "buyer's remorse". If you've thought things through and are sure you want to change, then it's definitely not too late!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Within 14 days you can change your mind without your universities having any choice in the matter.

After 14 days but before mid July you can still change your replies but all the universities involved have to agree. I’ve never known a university refuse to agree to a reply swap before the July deadline.
simxne_
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
Within 14 days you can change your mind without your universities having any choice in the matter.

After 14 days but before mid July you can still change your replies but all the universities involved have to agree. I’ve never known a university refuse to agree to a reply swap before the July deadline.
ah okay, that's good to know. thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (61)
27.11%
As I expected (70)
31.11%
Harder (86)
38.22%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.56%

Watched Threads