The Student Room Group

Chem or chemical engineering pls help

I have unconditional offers for both at Manchester uni
The only problem is that I have not done maths a level so for chem eng I have to pass the foundation year
I know I can pass the foundation year but I'm just a bit scared like what if I dont pass it?
Over all in terms of the degrees I'm more into chem eng coz I find chem a bit boring..
Original post by tecna
I have unconditional offers for both at Manchester uni
The only problem is that I have not done maths a level so for chem eng I have to pass the foundation year
I know I can pass the foundation year but I'm just a bit scared like what if I dont pass it?
Over all in terms of the degrees I'm more into chem eng coz I find chem a bit boring..

Well its a case of what do you want to do 4 years of something your not interested in or 5 of something you actually want to study. Hypothetically you fail the foundation year this wont invalidate your A-levels (although you would have to declare the fail it on future applications) so you could just re-apply for chemistry in clearing. Although I wouldn't be too concerned with failing, i you take the course seriously this is unlikely to be an issue.

Rather then a foundation year the other option is to take maths next year and re-apply for chemical engineering.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest