The Student Room Group

help lol

I can't seem to revise and i have a -levels
Reply 1
what subject?
Hi therre friend.

Please, find some past papers, start working on studying and parallel sovling past papers.
Reply 3
Original post by KiloV_2495
Hi therre friend.

Please, find some past papers, start working on studying and parallel sovling past papers.

for someone who 'cant seem to revise', doing past papers sounds kinda boring lmao
i think the OP was probably asking for motivation or smth
Reply 4
Original post by =))
what subject?

bio chem and maths
Reply 5
Original post by KiloV_2495
Hi therre friend.

i'll have to cover content first, but thank you :smile:. What's parallel solving?
Reply 6
Original post by =))
for someone who 'cant seem to revise', doing past papers sounds kinda boring lmao
i think the OP was probably asking for motivation or smth

Motivation is indeed lacking, any tips?
what i do: think about not getting the grades for uni and everyone around you is happy they got in whilst you start questioning whether life is worth being a failure.

(i think about this all the time.)
Reply 8
Original post by orangejuze
what i do: think about not getting the grades for uni and everyone around you is happy they got in whilst you start questioning whether life is worth being a failure.

I'll give this a go, thank you:smile:. i hope your exams and revision go well
Original post by .._..
I'll give this a go, thank you:smile:. i hope your exams and revision go well

literally works everytime :smile: also watch a level/gcse fails. yours aswell good luck for your exams :smile:
Original post by .._..
I can't seem to revise and i have a -levels

Think that you don't want to be a failure and you shouldn't be, this will give you a great motivation
Reply 11
literally works everytime :smile: also watch a level/gcse fails. yours aswell good luck for your exams :smile:

i think i rinsed those in the run up to gcse results day haha :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Remonda
Think that you don't want to be a failure and you shouldn't be, this will give you a great motivation

Yeah i should probs start referring to flopping as FAILURE, might click into my brain a little better. Thank you :smile: I wish you all the best too
Original post by .._..
Motivation is indeed lacking, any tips?

Try the Pomodoro method, lock away distractions, take regular breaks. Have rewards set up too, if you like.

i do this too haha. i imagine the horrible feeling i would get and it makes me revise
Reply 15
Original post by bee-supernova
Try the Pomodoro method, lock away distractions, take regular breaks. Have rewards set up too, if you like.

i think what puts me off the pomodoro method is that I can just about get something done in 2 hrs let alone 25 mins but I think I should give it a proper go! Also, I never have the self control to stick to a 5 min break. Thank you!
Reply 16
Original post by SmartUnicorn
i do this too haha. i imagine the horrible feeling i would get and it makes me revise

seems like a v. popular method haha
Should've gone to the nearest poorly funded state school, lived in a poor postcode, gotten your parents divorced, done a lot of volunteering, did NCS, studied your ass off for 2 months during the first year of College/Sixth form, and gotten obscenely high predicted grades. This would ensure you multiple unconditional offers for the best schools and a viable chance at Oxbridge. After you get these offers you drop out and flip off your poverty school and classmates. You then work for multiple-part time jobs, day and night. You get yourself professionally accredited by shi like the LIBF, CII, CIMA, or CFA level 1 passes before September even starts. These are like £100 - £300 max, aside from CFA If not then you find yourself a mentor by literally begging local firms just to do intern work and to 'shadow' them. Don't be weird about it, just be friends with them enough so they can be a reference.

You're welcome.

EDIT: Studying is weird.
EDIT 2: Why aren't you doing this already?
EDIT 3: Sexual favors are optional. Onlyfans should only be your Plan C.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest