I feel like I’m going crazy

Watch this thread
Cocaiaaa
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Okay, little vent
I hate my brain. I have a level exams but can’t focus because I’m just always consumed with toxic thoughts. I can’t stop comparing myself to my friends who I always tell myself are prettier, smarter and have better personalities than me. My brain is just in a constant knot and my plummeting self esteem means I’ve also become disgustingly judgemental of other people. I want to change my mindset but I don’t know how. My deficiencies are all I ever think about.
Jenna2003
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Cocaiaaa)
Okay, little vent
I hate my brain. I have a level exams but can’t focus because I’m just always consumed with toxic thoughts. I can’t stop comparing myself to my friends who I always tell myself are prettier, smarter and have better personalities than me. My brain is just in a constant knot and my plummeting self esteem means I’ve also become disgustingly judgemental of other people. I want to change my mindset but I don’t know how. My deficiencies are all I ever think about.
I felt the same about a week ago as i got more panicked about exams, I ended up having a nervous episode which was just a break down for a few days but I think it helps now to know that if you're this close to exams its not worth worrying about anything else. Everyone will tell you to take breaks and days off but if you're anything like me you'll find that really hard because of how close exams are so it mostly helps me to do something else while revising such as watching tv or listening to music because I feel more relaxed but not like I'm cheating.
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Cocaiaaa)
Okay, little vent
It sounds
like classic anxiety symptoms.Your brain is just going into overtime due to exam stress.Try and get some exercise into your day and also do some relaxation techniques you can find on line.Build in some treats for yourself during the revising day.
bobcatt45
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
tbh ion really know what exactly to do since im in america besides go to costa rica with my imaginary wife or gf
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Your gp is your first point of call.

You can get support and there is a lot of support out there such as:

-The Samaritans, you can call 116 123, which is available 24 hours a day

-Mind, 0300 123 3393

-Saneline, 0300 304 7000, from 4.30pm-10.30pm

-The mix, 0800 808 4994, 11am-11pm

-SHOUT, text 852258, 24 hour text service

-Papyrus, 0800 068 4141, if you have thoughts of suicide or in emotional distress

-Rethink mental health, 0300 5000 927

There is the mind forum

Also Facebook groups
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads