Does he like me?

Watch this thread
sh4wna
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok so basically I’m in year 11 rn and Ive known this guy ( let’s call him X) since year 7. We’ve been very good friends since & in year 7/8 he did used to like me. So now, Ive realised i’m starting to develop feelings for him. Every time Ive been talking to him recently (we’ve been talking a bit more than usual for the last 2 months or so) I can defo feel some sort of tension. It’s always “flirty” between us and all that. However, idk if it’s a jokey kind of flirting or if he may actually like me back. It’s very cliche to say but I don’t wanna tell X i like him and then “ruin our friendship”. But, when we talk, I kinda get the vibe that he does like me, but i’m not sure. Help a sis out what should i do lmao.
HousesInCork
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I'd wait til after exams and then ask him out on a date. If he says yes, happy days and you go from there. If he says no, then any awkwardness can hopefully diffuse fairly easily with the summer holidays and a bit of space.

Ultimately, you won't know unless you try. It's scary but dating involves taking some risks, including the risk of rejection. If both of you are making an effort to keep the friendship going and accept each others' decisions, feelings etc. there's no reason the friendship couldn't continue as before, even if he does say no to dating.
sh4wna
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by HousesInCork)
I'd wait til after exams and then ask him out on a date. If he says yes, happy days and you go from there. If he says no, then any awkwardness can hopefully diffuse fairly easily with the summer holidays and a bit of space.

Ultimately, you won't know unless you try. It's scary but dating involves taking some risks, including the risk of rejection. If both of you are making an effort to keep the friendship going and accept each others' decisions, feelings etc. there's no reason the friendship couldn't continue as before, even if he does say no to dating.
ahhh this does make sense tbh! the after summer part is a good idea bc like you said if it goes wrong then the awkwardness will fade over summer. thank you sm! genuinely helped me lmao
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Moved to Relationships
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
28.02%
As I expected (72)
31.03%
Harder (87)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.45%

Watched Threads