Three year continuous residency

Watch this thread
Lesi7
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I plan on applying to university next year but I am afraid I won’t be eligible for student finance as I would have been residing in the UK for 2 years 9 months up the the first day of the start of my course.

I was wondering if I could appeal the application as there was a travel ban in the Uk during the covid-19 pandemic which is the reason I couldn’t come to the Uk three months prior
SFE Erin N
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lesi7)
Hi,

I plan on applying to university next year but I am afraid I won’t be eligible for student finance as I would have been residing in the UK for 2 years 9 months up the the first day of the start of my course.

I was wondering if I could appeal the application as there was a travel ban in the Uk during the covid-19 pandemic which is the reason I couldn’t come to the Uk three months prior
Hi There,

Just to check, are you applying for maintenance support as a home student? And where were you resident before you entered the UK?

Thanks, Erin N
Lesi7
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Erin N)
Hi There,

Just to check, are you applying for maintenance support as a home student? And where were you resident before you entered the UK?

Thanks, Erin N
Hi
Thanks for the response, I plan on applying for Maintenance support as a home student but I’m aware not everyone qualifies for full support.

I was a resident in Nigeria before moving to the UK.
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lesi7)
Hi
Thanks for the response, I plan on applying for Maintenance support as a home student but I’m aware not everyone qualifies for full support.

I was a resident in Nigeria before moving to the UK.
Hi there,

What is your current status within the UK?

Thanks, Erin
Lesi7
Rep:
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi there,

What is your current status within the UK?

Thanks, Erin
Hi,
I am a UK citizen.
Erin SFE
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lesi7)
Hi,
I am a UK citizen.
You would need to show your time spent outside the UK was on a temporary basis.

Thanks, Erin
Lesi7
Rep:
(Original post by Erin SFE)
You would need to show your time spent outside the UK was on a temporary basis.

Thanks, Erin
Thanks, if I may ask is this possible if I’ve only just moved to the UK as I lived in Nigeria all my life up until I moved?
Jen SFE
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lesi7)
Thanks, if I may ask is this possible if I’ve only just moved to the UK as I lived in Nigeria all my life up until I moved?
You'd need to have been residing in the EU or UK for 3 years or more preceding the first day of the first academic year of your course.

Thanks, Jen
Lesi7
Rep:
(Original post by Jen SFE)
You'd need to have been residing in the EU or UK for 3 years or more preceding the first day of the first academic year of your course.

Thanks, Jen
Hi,
Can I then apply for student finance in my second year of uni since i will have been residing in the UK for more than 3 years?
Jen SFE
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lesi7)
Hi,
Can I then apply for student finance in my second year of uni since i will have been residing in the UK for more than 3 years?
No, as I advised in my initial message above, this would need to be before the first day of the first academic year of your course.

Thanks, Jen
Lesi7
Rep:
(Original post by Jen SFE)
No, as I advised in my initial message above, this would need to be before the first day of the first academic year of your course.

Thanks, Jen
Alright thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads