The Student Room Group

tips for revision for end of years

Hi all, I'm new to this so bear with me !
So essentially I have end of years starting 6th June, and I have about a week and a half to revise, including a week of half-term break before the exams. Would you guys recommend any tips or ways to revise that worked for you in a similar situation?
Original post by gojjam
Hi all, I'm new to this so bear with me !
So essentially I have end of years starting 6th June, and I have about a week and a half to revise, including a week of half-term break before the exams. Would you guys recommend any tips or ways to revise that worked for you in a similar situation?

make sure you do a TIMED pass paper as apart of your revision. People say that the blurting method which is basically trying to recall what you already know and writing it down then focus on the bits your forgot and go over them. Make sure you have a break e.g 45 minutes then 10-15 minute break. I personally revise by making condensed A3 mind maps and doing a kind of “look, cover, say it loud, write” method. I hope this is a little helpful.
Reply 2
Original post by akany:)
make sure you do a TIMED pass paper as apart of your revision. People say that the blurting method which is basically trying to recall what you already know and writing it down then focus on the bits your forgot and go over them. Make sure you have a break e.g 45 minutes then 10-15 minute break. I personally revise by making condensed A3 mind maps and doing a kind of “look, cover, say it loud, write” method. I hope this is a little helpful.

Thanks a lot mate! I've been using the past paper methods and writing down my notes, but I haven't used the mindmap one so I may give that a try.
Original post by gojjam
Thanks a lot mate! I've been using the past paper methods and writing down my notes, but I haven't used the mindmap one so I may give that a try.

best of luck!
Reply 4
Original post by akany:)
best of luck!

Thanks mate :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending