AQA Physics Things to memorise before going in (Paper 1)

Watch this thread
Biztopb
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've just finished completely revising everything on paper 1, and I'm doing a past paper a day until the exam now, but I know there are quite a few things that you should simply memorise going into the exam (things like stopping potential equation, IV characteristic graphs, order and magnitudes of wavelengths of EM spectrum etc).

Does anyone have any things they 100% must remember? I'm thinking like the potential divider equation, or tiny bits from the spec I might have missed, not big bits of theory or the major parts of topics.

Thanks!
Rach_RPD
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ashleighmorgan)
I've just finished completely revising everything on paper 1, and I'm doing a past paper a day until the exam now, but I know there are quite a few things that you should simply memorise going into the exam (things like stopping potential equation, IV characteristic graphs, order and magnitudes of wavelengths of EM spectrum etc).

Does anyone have any things they 100% must remember? I'm thinking like the potential divider equation, or tiny bits from the spec I might have missed, not big bits of theory or the major parts of topics.

Thanks!
This is just for particles cause it’s the top priority. One thing I’ve seen come up in quite a few questions// papers is the decay equations(for muon, kaon and pions) and the fundamental forces and exchange particles. I’m not sure if this will help but that’s two of the things I’m trying to memorise for Thursday. Good luck!!
Biztopb
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rach_RPD)
This is just for particles cause it’s the top priority. One thing I’ve seen come up in quite a few questions// papers is the decay equations(for muon, kaon and pions) and the fundamental forces and exchange particles. I’m not sure if this will help but that’s two of the things I’m trying to memorise for Thursday. Good luck!!
Good luck to you too!! I was rubbish at particles to begin with but I've revised it so much its one of my strongest points now, but I'll definitely be learning those equations since they take a while to derive. Luckily I already know the forces and exchange particles - not sure if you've memorised this too but you should also know what type of particles they affect, I imagine that could come up too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (17)
29.82%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
38.6%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.51%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.02%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.28%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.75%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.75%

Watched Threads