is a D*D*D* achievable in a access to higher education course

Watch this thread
m99999999
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I was just wondering if a that grade is acquirable.

Thank you
Feastful
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
It depends on what you're applying for. Most university courses will tell you on their website the minimum qualifications that they are looking for. If you are undequalified, speak to the person running the course for advice and they will tell you what you need to do (sometimes they can also make exceptions). Most universities expect a passing grade in Maths & English, but not always (I got into a top university without a maths grade however I did do an intense college course for 2 years before that to bring my grades up and also made a great portfolio).
DCDCo
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by m99999999)
I was just wondering if a that grade is acquirable.

Thank you
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

This is the calculator for Access to HE. When you say D* - do you mean D at A-levels? A*? Distinctions?
Jhfbrown
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Your question is a little vague, but if you essentially mean "can I achieve all distinction grades on an access to HE course?" then the answer is yes. I'll be finishing an access course in a couple weeks and so far I've achieved a distinction on every assessment, and so have most of my classmates. Just make sure to study and politely pester your tutors for guidance on how to achieve distinctions and make sure you follow their advice. Usually for assignments you can send them a draft beforehand and they will tell you if it's good enough or not, just manage your time well and do all assignments immediately so you don't fall behind. To clarify about the grades; you get 60 credits on an Acess to HE course, 15 are ungraded units like study skills and the introductory units, so University entry requirements will add up to 45 credits. So I assume that by D*D*D* you mean 45 credits at distinction level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (33)
26.61%
As I expected (41)
33.06%
Harder (43)
34.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.65%

Watched Threads