a-level biology

Watch this thread
JA03
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I suck at biology but I really like it so what can I do to get better at it.

I've tried multiple past paper questions and then revised the topics I didn't answer well in using flashcards but what else can I do?

currently on a C grade, would like to get up to A

what are AS resits like in terms of how the paper is made/structured because im considering resitting (out of my own free will)
Last edited by JA03; 1 month ago
CrustInPeace
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
A big part of Biology is memorisation. I recommend Seneca Learning, the base version is free, and contains all the content, then a few short questions between. Really helped me in A2 with more involved and specific stuff. Once you go through the syllabus, go back to topics you don't remember or got wrong answers on.
Arkcano
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JA03)
I suck at biology but I really like it so what can I do to get better at it.

I've tried multiple past paper questions and then revised the topics I didn't answer well in using flashcards but what else can I do?

currently on a C grade, would like to get up to A

what are AS resits like in terms of how the paper is made/structured because im considering resitting (out of my own free will)
I did a bio resit. During covid they scored me a B 210/300 so i took it up again during the October session. I ended up scoring 278. I only did unit 1 and 2 again as in unit 3 i had gotten 54/60 and according to algorithms 90% was the highest you could achieve in the unseen papers of june 2021.
See the paper is going to be like any other paper. However do go through the past papers and see recurring questions. Learn answers for them and you will get an advantage when they come up in the exams.
SeeXYrn
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
There is a textbook, Concepts in Biochemistry. Rodney Boyer.

Using google you can find a online webpage of the same with explanations and truly excellent learning material.
Last edited by SeeXYrn; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads