BTEC Level 3 applied science

Watch this thread
HGg12
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am in my first year of btec applied science level 3, and I think i am going to get 2 passes on the examination units, units 1 and 3, however I am going to get Distinctions in all the other 4 units of coursework, will I still receive a DD at the end of the year?
ahjpko
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends on the weight of the units also with our second year. I did the same Btec I got a pass and merit in two units in my first year but still got a ddd at the end of my course.
Last edited by ahjpko; 4 weeks ago
HGg12
Rep:
the unit 3 has a weight of 120 and the unit 1 has a weight of 30, and the coursework units have weights of 90, do you know how to calculate the grade?
username54
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ahjpko)
Depends on the weight of the units also with our second year. I did the same Btec I got a pass and merit in two units in my first year but still got a ddd at the end of my course.
If I get a merit, pass, pass in my exams and distinction in my coursework, do you think i can get predicted a distinction?
HGg12
Rep:
(Original post by username54)
If I get a merit, pass, pass in my exams and distinction in my coursework, do you think i can get predicted a distinction?
You doing applied science? how did you get 3 exam grades, arent there only 2?
username54
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HGg12)
You doing applied science? how did you get 3 exam grades, arent there only 2?
I'm talking about the exams today. So A grade for chemistry physics and biology. Unless it's not separate?
HGg12
Rep:
I'm talking about the exams today. So A grade for chemistry physics and biology. Unless it's not separate?
its seperate, you just get one grade for all 3
username54
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HGg12)
its seperate, you just get one grade for all 3
so i'm gonna get only 1 grade for all the exams combined together?
HGg12
Rep:
so i'm gonna get only 1 grade for all the exams combined together?
yes
ahjpko
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I doubt it’ll be triple distinction because exams weigh more. Have you got a course booklet thing? It usually tell you on there. Exams are usually 120 points and units are usually 60-90
username54
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HGg12)
yes
That's acc so calm but coursework matters more right?
HGg12
Rep:
That's acc so calm but coursework matters more right?
yeah, thats why make sure you get distinctions on assignments, and it doesn't matter if you don't do well on the exams
username54
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HGg12)
yeah, thats why make sure you get distinctions on assignments, and it doesn't matter if you don't do well on the exams
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (6)
40%
As I expected (3)
20%
Harder (5)
33.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
6.67%

Watched Threads