Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I find some of it a tad odd.

For example, it only gives you 2 slots for qualifications. And then, also, it doesn't say like A levels or anything. Theres high school diplomo/GED, pre uni qualification, etc. I dunno what to put. I'm in my a2 year

I've still yet to fill out the CV though

Have many people applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)

For example, it only gives you 2 slots for qualifications. And then, also, it doesn't say like A levels or anything. Theres high school diplomo/GED, pre uni qualification, etc. I dunno what to put. I'm in my a2 year

IBM is an American company, so the form's probably adapted to the American Education System. I'd put down your A levels as they are "pre-uni" qualifications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    IBM is an American company, so the form's probably adapted to the American Education System. I'd put down your A levels as they are "pre-uni" qualifications.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks!
    I wonder if its as hard as, harder or easier to get into than Deloitte's. I have an interview with them soon

If this is for the Futures scheme which I am guessing it is, I filled in the IBM CV Template with my grades and everything else.

Click on pre-university and when you get to the next page it lists education from Post graduate to the last one, I can't remember what it is.

Goodluck with your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    If this is for the Futures scheme which I am guessing it is, I filled in the IBM CV Template with my grades and everything else.

Click on pre-university and when you get to the next page it lists education from Post graduate to the last one, I can't remember what it is.

Goodluck with your application
    Thanks! Did you find the 2nd page of the CV at all challenging? I suppose it's just giving examples of times when you've shown those things. I had to do the same thing at interview for my current job so i can do it, I just really want to be hired there so it stresses me more. But yeah, did you find it awkward at all? Or generally ok?

Thanks! Did you find the 2nd page of the CV at all challenging? I suppose it's just giving examples of times when you've shown those things. I had to do the same thing at interview for my current job so i can do it, I just really want to be hired there so it stresses me more. But yeah, did you find it awkward at all? Or generally ok?
    It was a bit of both I guess. What job do you do now that asks for that?

What role are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    It was a bit of both I guess. What job do you do now that asks for that?

What role are you applying for?
    Ha, only PC World, I'm a salesperson. There was like 20 questions at interview where I had to give examples. I also had to take a test where I got the highest in the company

I'm applying for Finance, what about you?

Ha, only PC World, I'm a salesperson. There was like 20 questions at interview where I had to give examples. I also had to take a test where I got the highest in the company

I'm applying for Finance, what about you?
    Same, Finance.

Have you sent off the form yet and did you get to the page where you can put in your grades although the grades are in percentages.

ReputationRep:
    Same, Finance.

Have you sent off the form yet and did you get to the page where you can put in your grades although the grades are in percentages.
    Not yet, how many pages are there? I haven't completed the CV yet to send the form :p: All in due time I suppose. I mean, I was like 4 months late with Deloitte who've gave me an interview so hopefully I shouldn't be too affected.

I'm so worried cos the form is weird, I'll miss something, not fill it in right and be rejected straight off. Where do you put GCSEs, AS, A2s etc. on the CV?

Not yet, how many pages are there? I haven't completed the CV yet to send the form :p: All in due time I suppose. I mean, I was like 4 months late with Deloitte who've gave me an interview so hopefully I shouldn't be too affected.

I'm so worried cos the form is weird, I'll miss something, not fill it in right and be rejected straight off. Where do you put GCSEs, AS, A2s etc. on the CV?
    I just put my predicted grades on the bit of the CV of the first pae that says results.

ReputationRep:
    I just put my predicted grades on the bit of the CV of the first pae that says results.
    K cool. Did you necessarily need to put anything impressive for the competencies bit on the CV?

ReputationRep:
    K cool. Did you necessarily need to put anything impressive for the competencies bit on the CV?
    You said you got an interview for deloitte, have you had it yet or are you still waiting?

Also, have you heard back from IBM yet. I applied late october and haven't heard anything...

It does say examples from school or work and that's what I did.

At PC World, you work in a team and and don't just say this actually give examples of when you have worked in a team for example during an inspection or when you were short of staff.

Effective Communication - Presentations at school, talking to customers. It says how do you make your communiation suit the audience so at school you would use simple words or something and if it's at work and you have had someone who's first language isn't English you would have taken your time to find out what the customer wanted and explain to them in simple as possible terms.

It's things like that

(Original post by scottish_student)
    You said you got an interview for deloitte, have you had it yet or are you still waiting?

Also, have you heard back from IBM yet. I applied late october and haven't heard anything...
    The OP is still filling in his/her application and hasn't even applied yet.

I have applied to IBM, on friday so I don't expect to here anything soon.

Late October is only like a week or two afterall it's only the eight of november so give it time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottish_student)

I'm waiting for the Interview, they've yet to tell me the dates.

ReputationRep:
    It does say examples from school or work and that's what I did.

At PC World, you work in a team and and don't just say this actually give examples of when you have worked in a team for example during an inspection or when you were short of staff.

Effective Communication - Presentations at school, talking to customers. It says how do you make your communiation suit the audience so at school you would use simple words or something and if it's at work and you have had someone who's first language isn't English you would have taken your time to find out what the customer wanted and explain to them in simple as possible terms.

It's things like that
    Thought so. Thats basically the same as my interview although I was so nervous I made everything up on the spot :p:

Thought so. Thats basically the same as my interview although I was so nervous I made everything up on the spot :p:
    Shouldn't really help you since we are/will be fighting for the same place

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't really help you since we are/will be fighting for the same place
    Technically not, since its done on Office and I can only assume that since you're from Essex, you're not applying to Portsmouth? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Clements,
    what office are you applying to for Deloitte? Have they even indicated to you as of what week beginning your interview may be in?

Technically not, since its done on Office and I can only assume that since you're from Essex, you're not applying to Portsmouth? :p:
    LOL

Applying to London so we are definitely not fighting for the same job

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.