Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottish_student)
    Clements,
    what office are you applying to for Deloitte? Have they even indicated to you as of what week beginning your interview may be in?
    Southampton for Audit.

And nope, only got emailed by them today. In all honesty, I thought I'd failed the tests :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    LOL

Applying to Londond so we are definitely not fighting for the same job
    Yeah thats what i thought ahahh. It'd certainly be a bit odd for you to apply to portsmouth given the circumstances :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Southampton for Audit.

And nope, only got emailed by them today. In all honesty, I thought I'd failed the tests :rolleyes:
    They emailed you on a sunday?

Was it the "you have completed the online tests" or was it saying that you have been successful. It seems strange they email you on a sunday. What does your status say when you log in?

ReputationRep:
    They emailed you on a sunday?

Was it the "you have completed the online tests" or was it saying that you have been successful. It seems strange they email you on a sunday. What does your status say when you log in?
    .....It's Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    .....It's Saturday.
    Lmao, well its 5 minutes till sunday.
    No really, I meant Saturday. :p:

I tried to phone them about chasing up my application about four weeks ago on a saturday (cause I was busy mon-fri 9-5 with school and work..) and no one was available. Which of the emails was it?

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, well its 5 minutes till sunday.
    No really, I meant Saturday. :p:

I tried to phone them about chasing up my application about four weeks ago on a saturday (cause I was busy mon-fri 9-5 with school and work..) and no one was available. Which of the emails was it?
    Yeah fair enough.

It was the completing tests one. And I was confused as to whether that meant I passed. And they replied saying they'd contact me shortly detailing interview dates. This was all at around 3pm I think

ReputationRep:
    Yeah fair enough.

It was the completing tests one. And I was confused as to whether that meant I passed. And they replied saying they'd contact me shortly detailing interview dates. This was all at around 3pm I think
    Cool. I was confused for agesss too. The easiest way to check is your status. If it still says "Online tests completed" then you don't know if you've passed or not yet, but if it says "Invite to 1st Scholar Interview" then you've passed. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Cool. I was confused for agesss too. The easiest way to check is your status. If it still says "Online tests completed" then you don't know if you've passed or not yet, but if it says "Invite to 1st Scholar Interview" then you've passed. Good luck
    Fair enough - although why would they say they'd contact me detailing interviews? Oh well.

And surely if they like your application and you pass both tests, you'd be invited to interview? Cos if not, whats the point in doing the tests and stuff

ReputationRep:
    Maybe detailing whether you have an interview or not? You could copy the body of the email in here if you want an i'll see if I got it too.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe detailing whether you have an interview or not? You could copy the body of the email in here if you want an i'll see if I got it too.
    Yeah I suppose that would make sense. But yeah, is it at least more likely Ill get an interview than not if I've passed everything?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I suppose that would make sense. But yeah, is it at least more likely Ill get an interview than not if I've passed everything?
    Yes. I am assuming that you would, without a doubt, get an interview if you have passed the tests, unless your office is full. Saying that, the women told me that the week I am getting my interview, there is also someone else, and there may be only one place in the office (and two interviews/people), and asked would I be willing to go to another office if I was successful (because its first come, first served and the other person applied before me) and i said yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I am assuming that you would, without a doubt, get an interview if you have passed the tests, unless your office is full. Saying that, the women told me that the week I am getting my interview, there is also someone else, and there may be only one place in the office (and two interviews/people), and asked would I be willing to go to another office if I was successful (because its first come, first served and the other person applied before me) and i said yes.
    Fair enough - I applied to southampton, i can't imagine it being amazingly popular. I left my application way too late considering i started it mid/late august lol

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough - I applied to southampton, i can't imagine it being amazingly popular. I left my application way too late considering i started it mid/late august lol
    Same, kinda regretting it now (with all the people getting offers!) and my interview not until week beginning 17th Nov.
    And on here there is so much talk about the interviews/assessment days, it makes me so scared and ten times more nervous. I don't really have my hopes up tbh. I'll try my best, if not i'm happy to go to uni.

ReputationRep:
    Same, kinda regretting it now (with all the people getting offers!) and my interview not until week beginning 17th Nov.
    And on here there is so much talk about the interviews/assessment days, it makes me so scared and ten times more nervous. I don't really have my hopes up tbh. I'll try my best, if not i'm happy to go to uni.
    I always seem to do really well at interview thankfully, and luckily, i'll have my cambridge interview beforehand which should be decent to prepare :p:
    When did you apply?

Also what unis are you applying for, and grades did you get if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I applied 3 or 4 weeks ago. I'm from Scotland, so the education system is different. I sat my Highers last year (Maths, English, German, Biology and Business) and I got AAAAB, which is 346 or 348 (i cant remember) UCAS points.
    I also applied to a scottish office. University wise, I want to stay in Scotland because we get our university education free. I'm applying to St Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Durham (just because of its reputation, I doubt i'll go, i'd just like to get an offer. haha)

you?

ReputationRep:
    I applied 3 or 4 weeks ago. I'm from Scotland, so the education system is different. I sat my Highers last year (Maths, English, German, Biology and Business) and I got AAAAB, which is 346 or 348 (i cant remember) UCAS points.
    I also applied to a scottish office. University wise, I want to stay in Scotland because we get our university education free. I'm applying to St Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Durham (just because of its reputation, I doubt i'll go, i'd just like to get an offer. haha)

you?
    Fair enough. I'm applying for Cambridge, Warwick, Manchester (got an offer), Exeter and Bristol.
    I've done Maths AS (A), Economics (B), Physics (A) and my further maths I haven't done yet. My maths should turn out as an A overall, since I only have one exam left and on 99% atm, I'd have to mess up on the exam so badly to get less than an A hahah.

ReputationRep:
    Nice. Congrats on the manchester offer.
    What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Nice. Congrats on the manchester offer.
    What are you applying for?
    Economics - you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for accounting and finance, apart from at St Andrews, management there. When did you apply for the Scholars?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for accounting and finance, apart from at St Andrews, management there. When did you apply for the Scholars?
    1st November

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.