University offer

Watch this thread
AD_ADMIT
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi i got an offer from ucas extra and its an alternative offer. its a subject that I don't enjoy and I really wanted to do my main subject. Do you think if i call they can reconsider? :/ the course that I want to do is still in clearing...
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
They gave you that offer as a nicer way of rejecting you from the course you applied for. They wouldn't change their decision based on a phone call from the applicant. But if you do get the grades they need then there's probably a good chance of getting in through clearing.
AD_ADMIT
Rep:
(Original post by Sinnoh)
They gave you that offer as a nicer way of rejecting you from the course you applied for. They wouldn't change their decision based on a phone call from the applicant. But if you do get the grades they need then there's probably a good chance of getting in through clearing.
thanks for the reply. It sucks tbh I have the grades and the interview went well.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Clearing hasn’t started yet.)

They won’t reconsider you for the original course, but if you can find another one that takes your fancy then they might be willing to switch your offer to that.
rebelw
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I think it's worth a try calling them just to reassert your interest in the initial course
then obvs if u get good grades you can go for the original course through clearing

but then again you could accept that alternative offer and try to change course at the very beginning of term, otherwise you might be left waiting another year to go to uni
Last edited by rebelw; 4 weeks ago
AD_ADMIT
Rep:
(Original post by Admit-One)
(Clearing hasn’t started yet.)

They won’t reconsider you for the original course, but if you can find another one that takes your fancy then they might be willing to switch your offer to that.
my bad i meant extra
AD_ADMIT
Rep:
(Original post by rebelw)
I think it's worth a try calling them just to reassert your interest in the initial course
then obvs if u get good grades you can go for the original course through clearing

but then again you could accept that alternative offer and try to change course at the very beginning of term, otherwise you might be left waiting another year to go to uni
yeah but the scary thing is that what if i can't change the course and I'm stuck studying a course i don't like.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AD_ADMIT)
my bad i meant extra
No worries. I would strongly advise you not to accept the other course if it’s not one that you’d be happy to stay on.
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AD_ADMIT)
Hi i got an offer from ucas extra and its an alternative offer. its a subject that I don't enjoy and I really wanted to do my main subject. Do you think if i call they can reconsider? :/ the course that I want to do is still in clearing...
I agree with Admit one hold out for the course you want even if it means going somewhere else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
45%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (5)
25%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
10%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
15%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5%

Watched Threads