Second degree funding

Watch this thread
Jenitu
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello, I already hold an undergraduate degree in Business management and entrepreneurship. At the moment I am studying Access to HE: Nursing and Midwifery. Ideally I would like to study for a second undergraduate degree in either of the following or similar to these: Applied medical sciences, Biomedical sciences, Pharmaceutical science. My question is can I get funding for such a course? If yes, is it full time, part time, only tuition, or can I get maintenance loan as well? If no, what are my alternatives (any other similar courses or ways to study with funding)? Am I eligible for joint honours degree or integrated masters? There isn't much information about these questions. Is there a list somewhere that I can see and check for which course I can get funding?
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jenitu)
Hello, I already hold an undergraduate degree in Business management and entrepreneurship. At the moment I am studying Access to HE: Nursing and Midwifery. Ideally I would like to study for a second undergraduate degree in either of the following or similar to these: Applied medical sciences, Biomedical sciences, Pharmaceutical science. My question is can I get funding for such a course? If yes, is it full time, part time, only tuition, or can I get maintenance loan as well? If no, what are my alternatives (any other similar courses or ways to study with funding)? Am I eligible for joint honours degree or integrated masters? There isn't much information about these questions. Is there a list somewhere that I can see and check for which course I can get funding?
Hi there,

Do you have the university you would be looking to study, so we can check our system.

Thanks, Erin
Jenitu
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi there,

Do you have the university you would be looking to study, so we can check our system.

Thanks, Erin
Hi Erin,
I've checked some universities and courses, please let me know if I will be able to get student finance ( tuition fees and maintenance loan) for any of them. If not can you please suggest similar courses that I will be able to get funding for.
Birkbeck University of London: Biomedicine (BSC): 4 year, part time
Birkbeck University of London: Biomedicine with advanced pathways (MSCI): 4 years, full time
Birkbeck University of London: Biomedicine (BSC): 3 year, full time

Queen Mary University of London: Pharmacology and Innovative Therapeutics BSc (Hons) 3 years
Queen Mary University of London: Biochemistry BSc (Hons) 3 years
Queen Mary University of London: Biochemistry MSci (Hons) 4 years
Queen Mary University of London: Biomedical sciences BSc (Hons) 3 years
Queen Mary University of London: Medical genetics BSc (Hons) 3 years

London Metropolitan University: Biochemistry BSc (Hons) 3 years
London Metropolitan University: Biological science BSc (Hons) 3 years
London Metropolitan University: Biomedical science BSc (Hons) 3 years
London Metropolitan University: Medical bioscience BSc (Hons) 3 years
London Metropolitan University: Pharmacology BSc (Hons) 3 years
London Metropolitan University: Pharmaceutical science MSci 4 years
London Metropolitan University: Pharmaceutical science BSc (Hons) 3 years

University of Westminster: Applied Biomedical science BSc Hons, 4 years, part time
University of Westminster: Biochemistry BSc Hons, 3 years, full time
University of Westminster: Biological sciences BSc Hons, 3 years, full time
University of Westminster: Biomedical sciences BSc Hons, 3 years, full time
University of Westminster: Cognitive and clinical neuroscience BSc Hons, 3 years, full time
University of Westminster: Medical sciences BSc Hons, 3 years, full time
University of Westminster: Pharmacology and physiology BSc Hons, 3 years, full time

London South Bank university: Bioscience BSc Hons, 3 years, full time
London South Bank university: Biomedical sciences BSc Hons, 3 years, full time

University of East London: Biomedical science BSc Hons, full time 3/4/5 years, there should be part time as well
University of East London: Medical physiology BSc Hons, full time 3/4 years/ there should be part time as well
University of East London: Pharmaceutical science BSc Hons, full time 3/4/5 years, there should be part time as well
University of East London: Pharmacology BSc Hons, full time 3/4 years, there should be part time as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise