Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think I could self-teach biology GCSE in 4 days? Watch

• View Poll Results: Could I self teach GCSE biology in 4 days non stop?
    Yes
    50.38%
    No
    49.62%

What?! Are you mad! :eek: imo I think if you studied from stratch for 4 days, you'll be lucky if you managed a C grade. I tried to do the same - could not do it.

it's hard, it's about memorisation - you don't even need to understand why! :rolleyes: does anyone know how to build a better memory or even better a photographic memory?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jizzabelle)
    Hmmm?

EDIT:
    Just so you know, it's for a scholarship exam on Friday/Saturday at Shrewsbury School (letting girls in at 6th form). I didn't realise the exam was more for people who had done full Biology GCSE with seperate Sciences untill I read a past exam paper, and freaked out. I've done modular science, and am now doing additional science.

yes perfectly possible. if you need any help... i have friends who got into shrewsbury sixth form this year (girls). mail me

i donbt think you will need to know bio gcse, like all of it just yet. but yeh, i can also tell you about ssfc, if you want advice or whatever! did you go to ssfc open day... et what subjects etc;??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geminibubblegum)
    yes, if worked flat out and it was 21st century science
    Amen to that.

ReputationRep:
    oooh it's a dead heat!

ReputationRep:
    I would say yes

ReputationRep:
    its easily done tbh, just write down the notes yourself from revision guides or whatnot once and just keep re reading it.. You will notice something new every time and learn more every time you re read. Every 1 hour take a 10-15 min break and continue.. don't do it non stop.. the boredom will lead you to be careless and not remember anything... so every 3-4 hours take a 1 hour break.

ReputationRep:
    I think its quite possible if you studied atleast 15 hours each day (with breaks obv)

ReputationRep:
    Looking at your GCSE grades you're intelligent and able to pass exams.

Get the CGP book, read your textbook, don't even think about coming on TSR during those 4 days.

But GCSE Biology is really quite easy. You'll never know if you don't try.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can.

ReputationRep:
    yes its possible, just work your butt off

ReputationRep:
    For the record guys, It's possible, and I wrote concise notes for the whole syllabus in about 3 hours...then revised it over and over. Pretty much remember everything!
    GCSE's are ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It is completely possible. Just split it up into segments and then work your cotton socks off. Uninstall MSN, dump your gf/bf, don't go into school, don't go on the interent and drink lots of coffee.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.