Accommodation issues

Watch this thread
Paige...
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello im last minute searching for accommodation but most places seem to be fully booked, any tips on where to look for accommodation in/near Strathclyde
Thanks
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Paige...)
Hello im last minute searching for accommodation but most places seem to be fully booked, any tips on where to look for accommodation in/near Strathclyde
Thanks
Hey Paige... :^_^:

Our Student Union have a useful Accommodation help page which could provide some guidance: https://www.strathunion.com/advice/housing/. You can email them at [email protected] too.

Normally I'd say your options are as follows:
1) Strathclyde halls of residence. Ranging in price from £104 - £141 per week. Includes bills (electricity/water etc), cleaning of shared spaces, membership to Strathclyde Sport. You can apply for our halls here (select either UG/PG student): https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/accommodation/ or email the accommodation team at [email protected]
2) Private halls: Prices will vary. Some of the closest to our campus are Nido Collection, Student Roost, Collegelands, Unite Students (although there are lots more and new ones being built too). Check with each halls what their prices/room types are. These can be a good way to meet students from other universities in the area.
3) Rented accommodation. The Student Union have a list of approved landlords and can help if you're unsure of this. Generally, anything in the city centre will be walking distance to our campus, or alternatively you could look for a flat in the East End of the city. Dennistoun (postcodes starting with G31 & G38) is close and popular with students. You could also go for somewhere in the West End/South side of the city. There's a breakdown of all the areas in and around Glasgow in the Union's housing section I linked above You can also have a look for Facebook groups to see if anyone is moving out but I'd recommend exercising a bit of caution with these - do some checks to make sure the flat is as it says it is for example.

Hope this has helped a bit! I'd definitely recommend reading through the Accommodation guide if you haven't already, and get in touch with the Union if you are stuck.

- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Anonymous #1
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by University of Strathclyde)
Hey Paige... :^_^:

Our Student Union have a useful Accommodation help page which could provide some guidance: https://www.strathunion.com/advice/housing/. You can email them at [email protected] too.

Normally I'd say your options are as follows:
1) Strathclyde halls of residence. Ranging in price from £104 - £141 per week. Includes bills (electricity/water etc), cleaning of shared spaces, membership to Strathclyde Sport. You can apply for our halls here (select either UG/PG student): https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/accommodation/ or email the accommodation team at [email protected]
2) Private halls: Prices will vary. Some of the closest to our campus are Nido Collection, Student Roost, Collegelands, Unite Students (although there are lots more and new ones being built too). Check with each halls what their prices/room types are. These can be a good way to meet students from other universities in the area.
3) Rented accommodation. The Student Union have a list of approved landlords and can help if you're unsure of this. Generally, anything in the city centre will be walking distance to our campus, or alternatively you could look for a flat in the East End of the city. Dennistoun (postcodes starting with G31 & G38) is close and popular with students. You could also go for somewhere in the West End/South side of the city. There's a breakdown of all the areas in and around Glasgow in the Union's housing section I linked above You can also have a look for Facebook groups to see if anyone is moving out but I'd recommend exercising a bit of caution with these - do some checks to make sure the flat is as it says it is for example.

Hope this has helped a bit! I'd definitely recommend reading through the Accommodation guide if you haven't already, and get in touch with the Union if you are stuck.

- Caitlin
Hi Caitlin,
I applied for Strathclyde Halls back in April but haven’t heard if I have been offered accommodation … starting to panic a wee bit. Can you please advise when we should hear back?

Thanks
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi Caitlin,
I applied for Strathclyde Halls back in April but haven’t heard if I have been offered accommodation … starting to panic a wee bit. Can you please advise when we should hear back?

Thanks
Hello! Do you have a conditional/unconditional offer of study for this year? I'm sure you've nothing to panic about at all and the team will be working through applications and allocations over the summer period. You can always drop them an email at [email protected] if you are really concerned though and they'll be able to help with timelines.

Please note too that if you have a conditional you won't have anything confirmed until results day. If you're successful in meeting your conditions you'll receive more info about accommodation after

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need help with anything though.
- Caitlin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.78%
As I expected (73)
31.2%
Harder (88)
37.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.42%

Watched Threads