Getting a 2:1 overall

Watch this thread
knksj112
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm probably going to end up with a 2:1 (various reasons but mainly due to a lack of preparation for final exams), I don't have much experience other than volunteering positions prior to university and a 6 month research project. Would I be at a disadvantage compared to a candidate who got a 1st when it comes to applying for jobs? I'm planning on getting a job this summer to add some experience but would really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
Last edited by knksj112; 1 month ago
Ghostlady
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by knksj112)
So I'm probably going to end up with a 2:1 (various reasons but mainly due to a lack of preparation for final exams), I don't have much experience other than volunteering positions prior to university and a 6 month research project. Would I be at a disadvantage compared to a candidate who got a 1st when it comes to applying for jobs? I'm planning on getting a job this summer to add some experience but would really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
Definitely apply for jobs to get that experience,and the more you apply the greater the chance so definitely widen your scope when it comes to looking. Ps 2:1 is still amazing.
knksj112
Rep:
(Original post by Ghostlady)
Definitely apply for jobs to get that experience,and the more you apply the greater the chance so definitely widen your scope when it comes to looking. Ps 2:1 is still amazing.
Hey, thank you for the reply. I'm a bit disappointed with a 2:1 since I was aiming for a first. Do you think a job related to my degree would be better or should I be looking for any job that will hire me?
Ghostlady
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey, thank you for the reply. I'm a bit disappointed with a 2:1 since I was aiming for a first. Do you think a job related to my degree would be better or should I be looking for any job that will hire me?
Depends on what your degree is, it is pretty niche?
knksj112
Rep:
(Original post by Ghostlady)
Depends on what your degree is, it is pretty niche?
Biomedical science
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Industry relevant job experience is always the most important thing when applying for graduate jobs, followed by semi-relevant experience.

Ofc a 1st looks stronger then a 2.1 but generally unless your applying for a PhD or research position then generally it doesn’t make that big a difference (if any...).
Ghostlady
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Biomedical science
https://biocity.co.uk/locations/biocity-nottingham/ my eldest did a work experience here at alevels, and saw students also there at degree level, so might be worth the ask if they have anything going.
https://www.gradcracker.com/search/s...iomedical-jobs they have a range. Clinical reseach could be good to search up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.02%
As I expected (65)
33.16%
Harder (72)
36.73%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.08%

Watched Threads