Tomorrow is a special day for me.

Watch this thread
username5969192
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I can't believe that tomorrow is going to be my last in person exam EVER in my life. I spent 21 years of my life leading up to this day. THE DAY WHERE I WILL SIT MY LAST EXAM EVER AND FINISH UNI. I am so happy that I WILL never have to do any of these stupid in person exams ever again IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. They have been a nightmare. I bet when I leave that sports hall, I am going to feel a lot of weight being dropped down my shoulders. All of the pressure from parents, teachers and literally everyone else is going to disappear in a mere instant. I couldn't be any happier. Tomorrow, I am going to walk out of that sports hall with breeze and sunshine and a new outlook on life.

I am going to cry on the day that I graduate, because I wasted 3 years of my life doing the degree that's almost as useless as my broken HP laptop at home. I am going to cry because I shed lots of blood and tears, fighting my deepest enemies and inner demons and getting a 2.2 degree classification which means absolutely nothing, BUT, it will be done. It will be finished. I am never going back to uni EVER again. The whole education system is a joke. Engineering graduates leave university and they hold the hammer upside down. I am talking about third year ENGINEERING students. Third year!!!. How is this education? Are we teaching students how to solve a Helmholtz equation OR are we teaching them the important skills that they'll need in the future. GCSEs and A-Levels are all the same. It's a memory game. Nothing but a memory game. I feel depressed because if I knew what was important in life back when I was 17, 18 or 19, I would have made all better decision, but now I am stuck with this useless degree and I realise now that I am also as useless.

I am having a massive existential crisis as I am about to end things, very soon.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by username5969192)
I can't believe that tomorrow is going to be my last in person exam EVER in my life. I spent 21 years of my life leading up to this day. THE DAY WHERE I WILL SIT MY LAST EXAM EVER AND FINISH UNI. I am so happy that I WILL never have to do any of these stupid in person exams ever again IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. They have been a nightmare. I bet when I leave that sports hall, I am going to feel a lot of weight being dropped down my shoulders. All of the pressure from parents, teachers and literally everyone else is going to disappear in a mere instant. I couldn't be any happier. Tomorrow, I am going to walk out of that sports hall with breeze and sunshine and a new outlook on life.

I am going to cry on the day that I graduate, because I wasted 3 years of my life doing the degree that's almost as useless as my broken HP laptop at home. I am going to cry because I shed lots of blood and tears, fighting my deepest enemies and inner demons and getting a 2.2 degree classification which means absolutely nothing, BUT, it will be done. It will be finished. I am never going back to uni EVER again. The whole education system is a joke. Engineering graduates leave university and they hold the hammer upside down. I am talking about third year ENGINEERING students. Third year!!!. How is this education? Are we teaching students how to solve a Helmholtz equation OR are we teaching them the important skills that they'll need in the future. GCSEs and A-Levels are all the same. It's a memory game. Nothing but a memory game. I feel depressed because if I knew what was important in life back when I was 17, 18 or 19, I would have made all better decision, but now I am stuck with this useless degree and I realise now that I am also as useless.

I am having a massive existential crisis as I am about to end things, very soon.
You may well find you do end up doing further exams in your career ... didn't your Enigneering degree include workshops, practicals, group projects, etc etc? You could have chosen a year in industry too...
anomaly--1
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

Hey bro,
Take it easy man. You’ve gone through a lot that you obviously see no value in which is fine. I haven’t lived in your shoes so I don’t know what you’ve experience over the past 3 years but all I can say is think as it this way like u said you wouldn’t ever need to go do an in person exam again. Your 21. 21!!! You have your whole life ahead of you, who knows where you’ll be in 2/3/10 years from now new opportunity will come and go. All I know is that worrying doesn’t take away tomorrows problems, but it takes away todays peace. You have a bright future ahead of you all you need to do is keep your head up so you can see it.
Muhammad Razak
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

End things? Wdym? I hope you're ok. If u need to talk msg or reply to me.

I get what u mean. Education system is botched up. Not to mention literally for A levels and GCSEs u have exams on like 3 days that equate either 2 or 4 years of ur life. So if ur ill for 1 or more of those days ur fudged. U miss out on what u were working towards for years and it's not even fair. If it was more of a to guide grading then it'd make sense but it's literally not.

Also I get u. I took a gap year and in my 2nd year of uni I suffered from depression etc. As a chemist at Imperial. I'm hoping to redo the year bc everything's just fudged up. U literally do a degree to get paid peanuts I have other passions I'd like to pursue but am hindered by my degree (although still want it as a back up). Don't think of ur degree as useless. U can still use it to get somewhere. Maybe u can have a look at what u want to do during ur time off after exam?
Justice24
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Muhammad Razak)
End things? Wdym? I hope you're ok. If u need to talk msg or reply to me.

I get what u mean. Education system is botched up. Not to mention literally for A levels and GCSEs u have exams on like 3 days that equate either 2 or 4 years of ur life. So if ur ill for 1 or more of those days ur fudged. U miss out on what u were working towards for years and it's not even fair. If it was more of a to guide grading then it'd make sense but it's literally not.

Also I get u. I took a gap year and in my 2nd year of uni I suffered from depression etc. As a chemist at Imperial. I'm hoping to redo the year bc everything's just fudged up. U literally do a degree to get paid peanuts I have other passions I'd like to pursue but am hindered by my degree (although still want it as a back up). Don't think of ur degree as useless. U can still use it to get somewhere. Maybe u can have a look at what u want to do during ur time off after exam?
Wow I had no idea chemistry at Imperial was that bad. GL man
mystudentlife
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Erm this is scaring me, wa would u have done instead of a degree?
Muhammad Razak
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Justice24)
Wow I had no idea chemistry at Imperial was that bad. GL man
Phahaha. Yh it's bad but also I'm too lazy to work 24/7 which being at Imperial means. Obviously w some down time but not v much of it like w other unis (or so I've heard from ppl). I just had some personal issues so I couldn't rlly work hard and that's rlly y. Some modules r v hard and stupid. The exams as always are ******ed here and what's worse is no in person lectures. I'm not v good w sticking to my own timetable of watching lectures online lmao. Thanks for wishing me GL. Ik i need it lol. GL to u w whatever ur doing bro.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads