What TV shows have changed your life ?

Watch this thread
Avreil
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
none for myself
rebelw
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
greys anatomy
I procrastinated my year 12 exams by watching it and got mediocre grades
and generally hated myself for it
none have changed my life positively obvs. I think positive change requires work and thought and engagement, and watching TV is an entirely passive pastime
McDonaldsEmploy
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Changed me in a way that I think about the world differently?

The Wire (2002). Ahead of its time.
It's the first show i've seen that gave a realistic snapshot of how a city operates. Baltimore in this instance and the effect that the drug trade has caused.

It explores all walks of life; the judicial system, police and the bureaucracy trying to make themselves look good inadvertently being incompetent thus helping the criminals. The criminals' grip on the city through corruption. The drugs affecting the addicts and underclass. No show that i've seen has this complex dynamic, everything is connected, it's too realistic in some sense.
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Sunset Beach, Xena Warrior Princess and the original version of Charmed.
WillowGW
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rebelw)
greys anatomy
I procrastinated my year 12 exams by watching it and got mediocre grades
and generally hated myself for it
none have changed my life positively obvs. I think positive change requires work and thought and engagement, and watching TV is an entirely passive pastime
Haha same except for me it was year 11 and I’m in year 12 now lol
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Some special Scrubs and House MD episodes. Not only the saddest ones, but them in particular of course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads