The Student Room Group

anon revises for a levels in 2 weeks😃

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
have some food, drink water, move around maybe and try your best to get something done. If you don’t end up doing anything for a few hours just nap it off since it’s better to sleep and be productive after then be tired and unable to do work. GOOD LUCK

At least you've got today to revise :smile:
is everyone at school or has study leave? I personally lied that i’m ill lol

same same I'm taking a study leave saying I'm ill. we do nothing at our college. our teachers are so bad that it actually makes me wonder if they passed their GCSEs and came straight to teaching😩
Original post by Spelunker
same :wink: just find it easier at home cuz there are never free spaces to study at school. about to use the pomodoro method for some bio revision!

GOOD LUCK, I HOPE ITS GOING WELL!!

Original post by ate_lophobia
same same I'm taking a study leave saying I'm ill. we do nothing at our college. our teachers are so bad that it actually makes me wonder if they passed their GCSEs and came straight to teaching😩

ahh thats actually depressing, my teachers are so good ngl im so thankful, but they just let us go on with our own revision and I dont even have questions for them since I dont know content lmao
Original post by Cuspake
At least you've got today to revise :smile:

yes! 100% true
update, its 12. I finally sat down at 11.30 to do work, just to realise my laptop was off and now its TAKING AGGGESSSS to bloody open my apps like Anki ugh. Waiting is making me tired so I'm listening to instrumental versions of songs lmao, I dont wanna listen to actual lyrics otherwise they'll be stuck in my head

why must anki take so long to open:frown:
update, its 12. I finally sat down at 11.30 to do work, just to realise my laptop was off and now its TAKING AGGGESSSS to bloody open my apps like Anki ugh. Waiting is making me tired so I'm listening to instrumental versions of songs lmao, I dont wanna listen to actual lyrics otherwise they'll be stuck in my head

ended up downloading a new version of anki but it doesn't have the heat map, ugh ill deal with the old anki later

anywayssss I think im gonna actually do some questions on proteins, which feels like a dumb decision since thats one of my strong areas... I'll do it for half an hour then make up a proper plan
ended up downloading a new version of anki but it doesn't have the heat map, ugh ill deal with the old anki later

anywayssss I think im gonna actually do some questions on proteins, which feels like a dumb decision since thats one of my strong areas... I'll do it for half an hour then make up a proper plan

did about 6 questions until I got bored, i pretty much know how to answer proteins/enzymes questions

I've made a new plan for today

so I've got about 400 anki cards for paper 1 biology (excluding mass transport and gas exchange). If I'm set on it, 100 cards take half an hour so 400 should take about 2 hours. BUT, since I've forgotten most the content, I'll type out the flashcards I dont remember, and then if I dont remember that, I'll physically write it out. I'll give myself about 4 hours worth of doing this. Going over mass transport and gas exchange should take me about 2 hours, since I've got the notes so I just need to understand it and type it up once im done

I might take a nap midway through, probably before I start mass transport and gas exchange. I do need to do exam questions, but first I'm focusing on content and memorising, so then next week I can just mostly do questions (and go to the library to do them, I like studying content at home)

I'll try and do exam questions today or tomorrow before I start on the next thing. Psychology content I could do bio psych and approaches in 2 days (also have the notes but more of a relearning thing), but research methods would take me a day. I rather do chem and bio content first so I can crack on with exam Q since for psychology, it's not a MUST for me to do exam Q (maybe I'd do essays, mind maps and research methods Q)

but yeah, feeling very bored which is making me tired, I've eaten a whole chocolate bar oops, I'll have lunch in a bit. I tend to hide all my signs of time (as in clocks etc) because I hate the reminder lol, so once I send this off I'll use it as a time tracker

This reminds me when got this add on for anki and when I tried to close anki my laptop literally got spammed with error messages and it wouldn’t stop and I thought I got hacked 😪
Original post by Hotheaded
This reminds me when got this add on for anki and when I tried to close anki my laptop literally got spammed with error messages and it wouldn’t stop and I thought I got hacked 😪

literallt felt like i was fighting for my life😭😭😭thank the lord no error messages came up for me that would’ve been my last straw
did about 6 questions until I got bored, i pretty much know how to answer proteins/enzymes questions

I've made a new plan for today

so I've got about 400 anki cards for paper 1 biology (excluding mass transport and gas exchange). If I'm set on it, 100 cards take half an hour so 400 should take about 2 hours. BUT, since I've forgotten most the content, I'll type out the flashcards I dont remember, and then if I dont remember that, I'll physically write it out. I'll give myself about 4 hours worth of doing this. Going over mass transport and gas exchange should take me about 2 hours, since I've got the notes so I just need to understand it and type it up once im done

I might take a nap midway through, probably before I start mass transport and gas exchange. I do need to do exam questions, but first I'm focusing on content and memorising, so then next week I can just mostly do questions (and go to the library to do them, I like studying content at home)

I'll try and do exam questions today or tomorrow before I start on the next thing. Psychology content I could do bio psych and approaches in 2 days (also have the notes but more of a relearning thing), but research methods would take me a day. I rather do chem and bio content first so I can crack on with exam Q since for psychology, it's not a MUST for me to do exam Q (maybe I'd do essays, mind maps and research methods Q)

but yeah, feeling very bored which is making me tired, I've eaten a whole chocolate bar oops, I'll have lunch in a bit. I tend to hide all my signs of time (as in clocks etc) because I hate the reminder lol, so once I send this off I'll use it as a time tracker

okKAY now ill start, i was actually BORED AND HUNGRY AND TIRED so i went downstairs since my sister came over, she’s my biggest distraction i swear. I ate lasagna from yesterday but my brother left me such a small slice😐We’ve got some doner in the fridge from 2 days ago, will it hurt my belly? Maybe. Will i risk it? Yes.

ugh i cba but i can but i can’t, at least only an hours passed i guess.
Original post by Hotheaded

💀 Rip
i’m BACK

okay, an hours worth of work done…BUT i’m genuinely doing an all-nighter

i kept telling myself i was NOT gonna come back on to update without doing work bc that’s embarrassing (that’s exactly what i did lol) but i ended up searching for prom venues (my schools being difficult smh) and speaking for an hour otp with my friendship group which i rarely do since we’re all split into different schools

anyways, i’m going to shower first because i feel DIRTY and then drink coffee, and get on. I’ll nap/sleep after sunrise hopefully. Tbh, i just need to get 300 flashcards done and paper 1 is done. Then tomorrow i can do exam questions. If i spend 2 days per each paper (1 for content, 1 for exam Q) i will have time. But i’m thinking about paper 2 ugh
i’m BACK

okay, an hours worth of work done…BUT i’m genuinely doing an all-nighter

i kept telling myself i was NOT gonna come back on to update without doing work bc that’s embarrassing (that’s exactly what i did lol) but i ended up searching for prom venues (my schools being difficult smh) and speaking for an hour otp with my friendship group which i rarely do since we’re all split into different schools

anyways, i’m going to shower first because i feel DIRTY and then drink coffee, and get on. I’ll nap/sleep after sunrise hopefully. Tbh, i just need to get 300 flashcards done and paper 1 is done. Then tomorrow i can do exam questions. If i spend 2 days per each paper (1 for content, 1 for exam Q) i will have time. But i’m thinking about paper 2 ugh

okay nvm I’m not showering because i’m scared so i’ll have to deal with it

drinking me coffeé rn and keep on repeating to myself i WILL stay up

i swear if i get nothing done then there’s actually no hope… i say this everytime

will update when i finusg
ughhhhhh this is so embarrassing, i’m still sat here, and ontop of that i need to go toilet but i’m actually SCARED to go. I’m tired enough to sleep even with the coffee but at the same time i need to revise!!!! I’m trying to procastinate on social media but even i’m finding it so boring now, let me try to do work YET AGAIN
UPDATE

turns out i had 300 cards from my overall bio deck, which i did to about 220. for my paper 1 deck, i’ve just got around 130 more cards to review woohoo! Idk if i’m going to do mass transport and gas exchange rn, i’ve been putting them off for AGES but is there a point to do it rn…. hmmmmmm

but anyways idk i feel like i NEEEED to do questions tomrorow asap, i’ll print them off. If only i had an ipad

ACCORDING TO ANKI IVE DONE 488 CARDS?! Now they must be lying but i meannnn okayyyy if you say so😌how did i do that in 1.19 hours like babes, i highhhhly doubt i went through that many??
ok ok let me think of a plan

11 days till paper 2 psych - 8th june
12 days till paper 1 bio - 9th june
16 days till paper 1 chem - 13th june
19 days till paper 3 psych - 16th june
20 days till paper 2 bio - 17th june
23 days till paper 2 chem - 20th june
26 days till paper 3 chem - 23rd june
27 days till paper 3 bio - 24th june

soooooo if i finish biology today (saturday 28th) and do exam questions for paper 1 everyday along with my other revision, i should be good. Then tomorrow (sunday 29th) I’ll do chemistry and on monday (30th may) too. Tuesday (31st may) + wednesday (1st june) = psychology paper 2, along with research methods!!!!. Thursday (2nd june)+ friday (3rd june) = bio paper 2 content. Saturday (4th june) + sunday (5th june) = chem paper 2 content. monday (6th june) + tuesday (7th june) = psych paper 3 content. Then from then on, it’s purely exam Q and no content. After i finish content for a paper, i’ll do exam Q for it everyday.

I’ll also revise any paper 3 content in the days i do the subject i.e. if a physical topic comes up in paper 3, i’ll do it when i do paper 1 revision.

this sounds suspiciously decent…. OKAY sounds good. I won’t try and rush my revision, for me understanding whilst i’m revising is KEY, otherwise it’s not memorable to me. I’ve tried cramming before with just doing exam questions, and just doing content and i found that cramming content got me higher grades then doing exam Q, just bc i was able to apply my knowledge (but obviously exam technique wasn’t 100%)

sorry if this doesn’t make sense, it’s mostly me just blurting basically
I’m bursting for the loo, let’s hope this keeps me up. I shut my eyes for 5 minutes eventhough i was 95% sure i’d fall asleep like ALWAYS but this time i didn’t woohoo, i think it’s the coffee. Don’t get me wrong i could knock out rn but anyways i didn’t. Idk why i keep tricking myself into doing that, it’s like giving placing food infront of a starving person and thinking they won’t eat it like who am i fooling telling myself i wOuLdNt FaLl AsLeEp
wow making my plan made me realise in less than a month the 7 years at my school is finished. No more familiar classrooms and peers, no more seeing those strangers everyday, i won’t even be passing that side of town. Wow. Getting anxiety just thinking about it. It’s so bittersweet. I try not to attach a significant meaning to it so i avoid panicking but it’s literally a new door chapter in my life so it IS important. Ugh i’ll deal with it when it comes otherwise i will NOT open that door and will somehow self sabotage just so i don’t face change. I keep forgetting this is real life and my actions have consequences, like i really think i’ll be able to go back in time like nothing happened, i’ve been watching toooooo many movie recaps

ok ok it’s 2am so explains my melancholic mood (wow check out the vocab), time to finish my task. I alwaaaaayyyyys procastinate at the end of the task, RIGHT before i’m about to finish (well i procrastinate before, during and after but even more so before i finish) BECAUSE I KNOW THATS NOT THE END😭😭😭😭maybe if i avoid finishing one task the others will be put on pause
i’m back baby, just finished doing all the anki cards for bio paper except mass transport + gas exchange, round 1 DONE. my next day review cards have reset at 3am so just as i finished my first round, the second round appeared lol, but i’ll do that tomorrow (let’s pretend it’s spaced repetition)

i’m tired but i’m past the drowsy stage, plus needing to go to the toilet has made me more awake, so i think i’ll be able to do at least mass transport OR gas exchange and review the cards before i sleep

i’m feeling a bit nervous tho bc idk if this is working, i feel like i’m going a bit fast paced but i am more familiar with the content, but again idk if this is bc of my state rn

oh well, gonna finally go toilet woohoo and pray, actual sunrise should be around 5 i think?
i’m kinda pooping myself (idk if tsr still does hashtags but i cba risking it) because when i do all-nighters, the combo of coffee, anxiety and fatigue is always unpredictable, either i’ll feel REALLY SAD or really energetic, but i’ll ALLLLWAYS have hallucinations😭😭😭😭well not actual ones but my paranoia kicks in x1000000

ok i’m speaking to myself now but if anyones reading this in the morning, todays a new fresh day so even if you end up starting to do work after midnight, it still counts as revision for the previous day if you technically haven’t slept since you woke up😉does that make sense? idk idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending