should i repeat a level?

Watch this thread
sanwwio
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i'm currently in year 12 in AS level and i want to redo year 12 / a levels because i wanna change my subjects.

i'm doing bio, english lit, history and might pick up english lang.
i can't stand history and biology, although i'm getting As, has too much content for me to keep up with and i'm not sure if its even helpful in broadening my career paths..
should i retake yr 12 to change my subject history/bio (assuming that english lit is sufficient enough for law school) to widen my job careers such as maths, computer science etc. ?
i'm scared of being stuck to a narrow pathway because of my subjects which is mostly law or other underachieving jobs that i don't enjoy/care about anyway..
- i'm also worried it will affect my possibility of entering university (hoping for a top one)
Last edited by sanwwio; 1 month ago
ashpritgcse2020
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sanwwio)
i'm currently in year 12 in AS level and i want to redo year 12 / a levels because i wanna change my subjects.

i'm doing bio, english lit, history and might pick up english lang.
i can't stand history and biology, although i'm getting As, has too much content for me to keep up with and i'm not sure if its even helpful in broadening my career paths..
should i retake yr 12 to change my subject history/bio (assuming that english lit is sufficient enough for law school) to widen my job careers such as maths, computer science etc. ?
i'm scared of being stuck to a narrow pathway because of my subjects which is mostly law or other underachieving jobs that i don't enjoy/care about anyway..
- i'm also worried it will affect my possibility of entering university (hoping for a top one)
If it’s just based on job opportunities then I would say look for work experience in law to make sure you want to do law because if not you can look for other things to do and change your subjects accordingly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.02%
As I expected (65)
33.16%
Harder (72)
36.73%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.08%

Watched Threads