I have an exam tomorrow, I know nothing

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Exam is at 10am and there are 10 topics for me to learn and I will have to write 2 essays. What should I do? Focus on primary research or understand content?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
what is ur exam on?
Anonymous #1
And before I get told to not bother, I'm fully aware I should have prepared earlier. I've been struggling to find motivation and for some reason when I get anxious I try to avoid doing the task.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
what is ur exam on?
genetics
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
perhaps go over the topics 1st so you have a rough idea on what to write about and then do bits of research that you think is most important.
rebelw
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
lol
Anonymous #1
(Original post by rebelw)
lol
Yeah I figured I'd get this response, it's completely my fault
username5942977
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
no, look even though you have literally a few hours left, it is better than nothing, these last few hours can boost your grade and you can pass

work smarter now and don't stress about what happens in a few hours
rebelw
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm sorry I do actually relate as well
umm I guess make a lot of essay plans (like 15 per part of the exam) based on past papers. do you have to build your answers around 'primary research'? (is that case studies and stuff? Is this undergrad?)
but maybe read a very basic summary of the content first

you probably know more than you think just from lectures and general osmosis! Good luck!
rebelw
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
also do u get a choice of essay qs? Is there any content you can leave out?
Anonymous #1
I'm sorry I do actually relate as well
umm I guess make a lot of essay plans (like 15 per part of the exam) based on past papers. do you have to build your answers around 'primary research'? (is that case studies and stuff? Is this undergrad?)
but maybe read a very basic summary of the content first

you probably know more than you think just from lectures and general osmosis! Good luck!
No don't worry about it, I completely understand why you would say that. It's ridiculous that I let it get to this point. I guess I'll just go through the content + try to write paragraphs of some sort and include some primary research. Not going to get a high grade but its better than nothing
Confidential1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Okay what you need to do is, active recall1. Use the blurting technique eg. Make mindmpa, of everything you know, add additional info in different colour2. Write down questions, or make Quizlet’s (a little more time consuming than questions) 3. (Optional) make a mind map again but CONDENSED - and when I say condensed I mean literally write like a couple of words that will remind you of the point without writing everything 4. Go back to the previous questions/Quizlet’s you’ve made every hour or so5. And If you have time at the very end, do some practice papers/ questions
Confidential1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Confidential1)
Okay what you need to do is, active recall1. Use the blurting technique eg. Make mindmpa, of everything you know, add additional info in different colour2. Write down questions, or make Quizlet’s (a little more time consuming than questions) 3. (Optional) make a mind map again but CONDENSED - and when I say condensed I mean literally write like a couple of words that will remind you of the point without writing everything 4. Go back to the previous questions/Quizlet’s you’ve made every hour or so5. And If you have time at the very end, do some practice papers/ questions
I made an account just to tell you this, hopefully, it works best of luck
rebelw
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Confidential1)
I made an account just to tell you this, hopefully, it works best of luck
bro this is undergrad not GCSE
Confidential1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Idk man that’s what my brother did and he only got a mark off full marks, but he used Anki
Confidential1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
a levels lol, but lol I didn’t realise, best of luck anyway
Anonymous #1
Thank you all, I probably should've mentioned that I'm in my final year of university so blurting etc might not be the best option. Literally just going through the slides now and wording them in such a way that I can add them to essays, then adding some sort of study to illustrate my point.
Anonymous #1
Update: exam was alright, a lot better than I thought it would be, the fact that one of the questions was based on another module I do was helpful. But I know my answers weren't top grade worthy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (25)
28.09%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
34.83%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.99%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.37%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.62%
I’m starting to consider my university options (12)
13.48%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (3)
3.37%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.25%

Watched Threads