Top 25 Law Schools UK in the last 4 Years (QS WUR)

Watch this thread
turbobaithead
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone, It's your boy Karma Farmer back at it again.
These are the Top 25 law schools in the UK.

-Based solely on the QS WUR: Law Tables '19 - '22
-Results are calculated from Average rankings between '19-'22
-Do note these are 'WORLD' rankings.
-The results are not representative of my own views

1. Oxford (sorry @rebelw)
2. Cambridge
3. LSE
4. UCL
5. KCL
6. EDINBURGH
7. QMUL
8. DURHAM
9. MANCHESTER
10. NOTTINGHAM
11. BRISTOL
12. GLASGOW
13. WARWICK
14. LEEDS
15. BIRMINGHAM
16. CARDIFF
17. SOAS = QUB
18. SHEFFIELD
19. KENT
20. EXETER
21. ESSEX
22. LIVERPOOL
23. YORK = SOUTHAMPTON
24. NEWCASTLE
25. ABERDEEN

--- Runner's up

26. Swansea
27. Leicester

Cast your 2 cents. Any input is appreciated!
Last edited by turbobaithead; 1 month ago
Pythian
Badges: 21
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I don't put much stock in these league tables. I always feel there's an element of snobbery about them.

I think it is important to weigh scores and results according to a student's circumstances.

In fact, I have applied for a mini-pupillage and they specifically wanted the university to be unidentified.
turbobaithead
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Pythian)
I don't put much stock in these league tables. I always feel there's an element of snobbery about them.

I think it is important to weigh scores and results according to a student's circumstances.

In fact, I have applied for a mini-pupillage and they specifically wanted the university to be unidentified.
Yea I totally agree with you. This list is compiled from QS' WORLD rankings by subject which weighs in heavily on a lot of subjective employment and reputation factors; totally unrelated to graduate prospects. World rankings will not necessarily mirror domestic rankings. Here's hoping you're successful! Any law student who performs exceptionally well will find a way no doubt, regardless of the institution.

However, as far as arbitrary numbers go in a 4-year span from said table these are the top and consistent appearances and though should be taken with a massive pinch of salt it does have some value. You can't go wrong with any of the schools above is a fact we can all agree with. If anything there should be brackets from 1-5, 6 - 15, 16 - 25.

Are there any schools you wish to see on here? Any schools that you feel are underrated?
Last edited by turbobaithead; 1 month ago
Augustino D
Badges: 12
Report 4 weeks ago
So much pomposity about such a simple, even trivial, act of data collection that adds zero analysis and zero value. Did you expect a pat on the back? The QS rankings can be accessed for free and there are rarely large movements in the rankings.

Maybe your next ranking should be about something less trivial, such as the UK's top 25 law faculties as ranked by their distance from your local kebab shop.
LawStudent456
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by turbobaithead)
Relax yourself before you pop an aneurysm you absolute tuna melt. This is just another arbitrary list. Nothing more, nothing less. No statement and no points to be proven.

But good idea. I have a few threads posted up for the best Universities for Pokemon Go, whether KCL is a good Uni for Pokemon Go, and a thread asking why I take 2 hours to 'finish' with my gf but 30 seconds with my bro, who now has hemorrhoids. Those threads are better suited for your gatekeeping.
Tuna melt. I’ll jot that down and use it in the future
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads