The Student Room Group

What is the most mentally exhausting activity for you?

Scroll to see replies

Being around my toxic mother when nothing I do in life is good enough for her
Listen to someone who always blames you
living
Original post by Sabertooth
Math. I really struggle with even basic addition. It's a nightmare when I play D&D. I don't know my times tables either. :colondollar: Super embarrassing. It's not that I don't try - I studied for the SAT and GRE tests for months and still did terribly on the math sections. I can do English and I'm relatively intelligent, I just lose it when I have to do numbers.

I remember a year back studying for the GRE. I got so stuck on one type of question. My spouse explained it to me for around 4 hours with example questions and I couldn't get it. I don't know why, I just could not get my head around it. I actually started crying as it was 1am and I didn't understand; I just wanted to go to bed. :frown:

Sounds like dyscalculia
Original post by Rum Ham
Being around my toxic mother when nothing I do in life is good enough for her

i'm sorry you have to go through that. i know its probably difficult but her opinion is not one you should focus on, especially if its negative. yes, she's your mother so it may be hard but idk if you want to move past it, make sure your environment lets you, if that makes sense
Original post by KirstinTM
Sounds like dyscalculia

Yeah maybe. :frown:
Getting out of bed every morning.
Existing. All my mental energy is wasted on it...
Original post by KirstinTM
Sounds like dyscalculia

Original post by Sabertooth
Yeah maybe. :frown:

Dyscalculia: difficulty in performing arithmetical calculations resulting from damage to the brain.

Have you experienced brain damage?
Original post by sufys
Dyscalculia: difficulty in performing arithmetical calculations resulting from damage to the brain.

It's not due to brain damage, that would be acalculia. Dyscalculia is a specific learning difficulty like dyslexia or dyspraxia.

Sometimes the former is referred to as "acquired dyscalculia" vs "developmental dyscalculia" for the latter.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by artful_lounger
It's not due to brain damage, that would be acalculia. Dyscalculia is a specific learning difficulty like dyslexia or dyspraxia.

Dictionary definition. But you'd be correct according to Wikipedia.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Avreil
football for myself

Probably talking to people i dont know,especo when ur in class and ur put in a group with people u dont know
Original post by sufys
Dictionary definition. But you'd be correct according to Wikipedia.

The dictionary definition for it is irrelevant, as the medical definition in the DSM-V specifically classifies it as a (neuro)developmental disorder.

I'm sure the dictionary definitions for a lot of medical disorders are inaccurate...
(edited 1 year ago)
The dictionary definition for it is irrelevant, as the medical definition in the DSM-V specifically classifies it as a (neuro)developmental disorder.

I'm sure the dictionary definitions for a lot of medical disorders are inaccurate...

Right, thanks for clarifying.
Studying, Essays other than that nothing I think.
Original post by sufys

No it’s not. It’s like dyslexia and dyspraxia and dysgraphia, but specific to numbers. I know people diagnosed with it without brain damage.
Leaving home and interacting with people

Sometimes the former is referred to as "acquired dyscalculia" vs "developmental dyscalculia" for the latter.

Thank you that’s what I said too, they don’t know what they’re talking about.
(edited 1 year ago)
Arguing with people who refuse to acknowledge valid points you've made, and instead talk louder so that it seems like they're 'winning'.
Original post by Anonymous
Get off your high horse. I know you’re referring to the garbage you’re spewing on the pronouns thread. Stop with your supposed scenarios that are useless.

Come off anonymous, maybe? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest