Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I've always been quite good at maths, was in top set for middle school but didn't really do too much work. I sat my GCSE maths a year early but missed an A* by a couple marks (got a E for my coursework:rolleyes: ). I then went to on to do Additional Maths GCSE, got an A (happy with that), and then AS Maths , and got an A in that.

Now i reckon i could very easily get an A* for GCSE maths now with no revision. Is it worth resitting?

I currently have 5A* and 6A for GCSE, which is alright but i'm looking to get a place at Oxbridge, Durham, Edinburgh etc... for English, (doesn't really need maths)

Basically, is it worthwhile redoing it? Would be an extra A* but the certificate date would obviously seem strange.

ReputationRep:
    Errr whats the point? You have high grades in A level and it isnt as if you need it for uni. Just be happy with what you got

ReputationRep:
    nah, I wouldn't bother. An a grade at a level will show that you are good enough. I would focus on your chosen subject.

ReputationRep:
    If you REALLY want to..

ReputationRep:
    Waste of time/money (exam fees) really.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.