The Student Room Group

Which Masters to choose?

Would love some serious advice right now tbh lol. So I have an offer in Robotics and Computation (Does have some ML courses) from University College London (UCL), and and offer form KU Leuven in AI.
My plan is to hopefully get a career in the ML/AI sector and find a job in Europe after my MSc (preferably the UK). which masters would you go for, because it is really hard to choose ( We can exclude the financial aspect for both masters).
Dissect the elements of the course (modules etc.) grade them according to your perceived ability to get good results and go for the one with the highest score.

Or, of course write a program! No pun intended. :u:
Original post by Grizwuld
Dissect the elements of the course (modules etc.) grade them according to your perceived ability to get good results and go for the one with the highest score.

Or, of course write a program! No pun intended. :u:

Academic wise, I would go for the KU Leuven masters to get as much knowledge in AI as possible, since after all it is a MSc in AI. However, I feel that UCL would give me better opportunities after graudation even if it is a mix between Robotics and AI. I might be wrong though, that's why I'm trying to get some info. :frown:
Anyone else? :frown:
"academic wise". Thank goodness your not doing an MSc in English!

If you get a distinction in your AI MSc you'll have little or no difficulty in getting employment, especially if you can turn the AI we see in movies into reality.

Presumably your research will include reviewing the leading companies in these sectors. You might even like to contact their HR departments (that's what they are there for), visit the companies concerned and keep up with what's going on in the literature.

Good Luck
Original post by Grizwuld
"academic wise". Thank goodness your not doing an MSc in English!

If you get a distinction in your AI MSc you'll have little or no difficulty in getting employment, especially if you can turn the AI we see in movies into reality.

Presumably your research will include reviewing the leading companies in these sectors. You might even like to contact their HR departments (that's what they are there for), visit the companies concerned and keep up with what's going on in the literature.

Good Luck

Academically* lol

Anyway, will defintely keep what you said in mind. Thank you so much for your input :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest