Money

Watch this thread
!!kuromii
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How dose everyone save there money? Can I have tip on how to budget? Because I spent all my money of government money that you get when you turn 18
UCLan Student
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by !!kuromii)
How dose everyone save there money? Can I have tip on how to budget? Because I spent all my money of government money that you get when you turn 18
Hi !!Kuromii,

This is an excellent question and very relevant since the cost of living is steadily rising. My best advice would be to save a small amount of money weekly/monthly. So every week or month put aside £5/£10/£20 however much you can and don't touch it. Open a savings account and deposit in there if you can. If you do take a risk and delve into that money, replace it the next month - if you put £10 in every month and decide to spend £5 from that store, put £15 in the next month so you are replacing what you have spent.
When you see something you want, ask yourself if you really need it. Maybe come back to it a day later and see if you still want it, or if it was a spur of the moment want.

Hope this helps,

Chelsea
napqueen
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by !!kuromii)
Hi !!kuromii, my advice would be to set up a savings account of your own or with a financial savings professional. Either or, the second option would properly be more beneficial as you will have help and support along the way so you won't be alone. It's getting harder to save nowadays as the cost of living is rising constantly so it's important to implement a good savings strategy! Me and my boyfriend use a company called Suttons IFA to save and we have done so well ever since so I highly recommend them Hope this helps and good luck!

https://suttonsifa.co.uk/how-we-can-help/#savings
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (13)
29.55%
As I expected (12)
27.27%
Harder (17)
38.64%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
4.55%

Watched Threads