Uni of liverpool or Uni of exeter

Watch this thread
Sarita Choudhary
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have received offer from both the universities for MSc in business analytics.
Which one will be better in terms of getting good job and the overall experience in university.
Which university will offer a more technical course work?
Please help...I am very confused.
Sarita Choudhary
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi guys please help
kimihana
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I think you should look on the universities' websites because they always have a page for that kinda stuff. You can also look at their alumni or email them if you wanted to be really sure about the unis job prospects. The Complete University Guide and Student Surveys for the unis should also be helpful in finding out which university life is better but really it depends on which one you like because obviously, people's tastes are different.

E.g I got offers from both of those unis as well but I prefer the University of Liverpool. It may not be the best for me since originally I wanted to at least have a study abroad in Japan and study Japanese alongside my course but when I compared the course I wanted to do with other unis. The University of Liverpool was more flexible and had a greater range with its modules. E.g. for music they offer modules into gaming and business which other universities may not focus as well into. Other than its academic prospects, I liked the campus and where the university was located because a countryside university was my least priority. I went to both University of Liverpool and the University of Exeter's in-person open days. However, you may not rlly like the city life so rlly its up to you !
ExeterStudentRep
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sarita Choudhary)
I have received offer from both the universities for MSc in business analytics.
Which one will be better in terms of getting good job and the overall experience in university.
Which university will offer a more technical course work?
Please help...I am very confused.
Hi Sarita Choudhary,

It's great to hear that you are considering the University of Exeter for your Masters programme! I'm Kitty, a Student Ambassador for the university, and I hope I can give you a better insight into university life here.

First, with regards to the course content, I would recommend taking a look at the modules on offer on the university website, I’ve attached the link here for your convenience: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduat...ess_analytics/
Of course, modules are subject to change on a year-to-year basis, but by and large, this should give you a fairly accurate description of what the course would be like should you choose to join us next year.

In terms of getting a job, Exeter has an amazing career zone, which offers a wide range of useful information and workshops including CV writing, interview practice, part time and full time graduate job adverts, amongst other opportunities. If you are looking to find out more about career opportunities after your studies, I would suggest heading to the Careers webpages, where you can have a live chat with our Careers team directly.

In terms of overall experience, I have really enjoyed my time here at Exeter and cannot recommend it enough. I have found the teaching to be of a very high standard, with lecturers and seminar tutors always on hand to answer any concerns and offer recommendations for further research. The campus is beautiful and very green, an ideal place to enjoy the outdoors in the spring and summer. And above all, there is a real sense of community with the other students which makes living and studying at the University of Exeter a really enjoyable experience.

I hope this helps with your decision making, and if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!

Kitty, University of Exeter Student Ambassador.
squarocean17
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 16 minutes ago
Same with me. I am offered in international business from both.God there's not enough satisfactory evidence to help pick one over the other since everyone is talking about Law and medical school.
Last edited by squarocean17; 1 minute ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads