The Student Room Group

Warwick vs Edinburgh vs Cranfield for MSc Marketing

Which University is better for International Students, given that I want to work in the UK further after my studies ?
University of Warwick - MSc Business with Marketing
University of Edinburgh - MSc Marketing
Cranfield University - MSc Strategic Marketing

Please help I'm really confused
Probably Warwick because of its business school.
Original post by Sanarah
Which University is better for International Students, given that I want to work in the UK further after my studies ?
University of Warwick - MSc Business with Marketing
University of Edinburgh - MSc Marketing
Cranfield University - MSc Strategic Marketing

Please help I'm really confused

Hi Sanarah :smile:

What makes one course better than another is a very personal choice, as your priorities and interests may not be the same as another persons!
I’ll speak from the perspective of a current Cranfield student about the most common things people consider when making their choice, but feel free to leave any additional questions below (I definitely couldn’t cover everything in one post!)

Something really important to many people are the content of the modules. Do you have a particular interest within marketing, or have a career goal that would need more skills within a particular area?
You can look at the list of modules within the course in the link below, and a brief description of each.
https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/som/masters-courses/strategic-marketing

Another important factor is how employers view the course, which can vary a lot depending on the employer! Many judge them based on ranking, affiliations with the institution, accreditation,
This MSc in particular is ranked 5th in the UK and 15th in the world (QS World University Rankings: Masters In Marketing 2022), giving employers a great impression on the quality of the education here.
As well as our ranking, this course is informed by a panel of high-profile marketing professionals, the Practice Advisory Board, to keep the course relevant to the most cutting-edge practices in current business.
Cranfield also collaborates with many companies, including Google, Nike, Cobra Beer, InterContinental Hotels Group, Acer and Sainsbury’s, for the consultancy project within the course! This not only gives you the opportunity to apply the knowledge you learned in the classroom, but also meet potential employers before you graduate!

Outside the course, Cranfield supports your employability in many ways. This includes our Career Development Service, who can help in all stages of the job-application process. They have helped students improve their CVs, prepare for interviews, and negotiate salaries, just to name a few!
There are also lots of opportunities to build your CV and engage with industry outside your course. For example, Unilever often hosts a competition to propose a solution to a current industry problem, as a part of a multidisciplinary team, for a chance to win some huge prizes! Read about last years winners here:
https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/press/news-2021/unilever-innovation-competition-awards-students-7000

As well as building your CV, Cranfield is home to many clubs and societies where you can use your free time to develop new skills, meet new friends, and relax! There are cultural clubs (including the Indian, Chinese, and Turkish Societies), sports clubs (including football, circuit training, and badminton), hobby clubs (e.g. reading clubs), and groups to demonstrate and develop skills that can be related to your course (like the consulting society, or the women in leadership society).

I hope this helps!
Ciara
2nd year Agrifood PhD student
Cranfield Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest