Library hours

Watch this thread
mahsa mikhchi
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How is the working hour of your library?
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mahsa mikhchi)
Personally, I don't have a library. I suspect your question was with regards to a particular university. Which one?
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
mahsa mikhchi this will vary university to university. Sheffield Hallam's universities library is open 24/7 every day of the year, so it suits all manner of students.

- Rosie
Keele Postgraduate
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
As hallamstudents has said, library opening times vary from university to university and depend on whether it's term-time or not.

During term-time, our main library at Keele is open 24/7. Outside of term-time, the library usually opens 9am-8pm, with 24/7 returns available via a book deposit bin. The library very rarely closes other than on major bank holidays (Christmas, Easter, and - this year - the Jubilee Bank Holiday).

Even when the library is closed, lots of the resources are still available online: many journal subscriptions are now digital and lots of university libraries are, increasingly, getting books as e-resources in addition to hard copies We also have access to a range of e-resources and databases (https://www.keele.ac.uk/library/usin...lineresources/), the majority of which can be accessed remotely.

Hope that helps!

Amy Louise
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

My name is El.

At Coventry, our library is open 24/7 with multiple options of work environments on offer; which will need to be booked online.

You can stay at our library for as long or as little as you want! No matter what, it looks very good to your lecturers when you use the library and is usually promoted and pushed by some.

I hope this helps!

El
ChichesterStuRep
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey,

Much like the others have said, it really depends on the university.

I know during exam and dissertation periods, our library is open 24/7, but throughout other period of the year and outside of term time the opening times will vary. It still remains open till quite late so you can fit into your schedules with work and down time.

I know our uni has the opening times available on Moodle, so you can always check before trekking to uni to find the library is shut.

I hope this helps!

Megan
University of Chichester Alumni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads