Do i drop a-level biology

Watch this thread
katrin04
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i know it's quite late, but i do four a-levels and my universities only require three. in the beginning of the year, i was fairly confident in doing four a-levels and even managed to get an A in biology during my last set of mocks, but I'm really not sure now.

dropping biology would allow me to revise more for English lit, history, and Maths, and i desperately need to increase my maths grade. it would be three less exams, and technically speaking i would personally still count myself as doing 4 a-levels . on the other hand, it would be a waste of two years - even if i only took biology for self-fulfilment.

what do you think? any advice is appreciated
Last edited by katrin04; 1 month ago
_Robyn_
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by katrin04)
i know it's quite late, but i do four a-levels and my universities only require three. in the beginning of the year, i was fairly confident in doing four a-levels and even managed to get an A in biology during my last set of mocks, but I'm really not sure now.

dropping biology would allow me to revise more for English lit, sociology, and Maths, and i desperately need to increase my maths grade. it would be three less exams, and technically speaking i would personally still count myself as doing 4 a-levels . on the other hand, it would be a waste of two years - even if i only took biology for self-fulfilment.

I would drop biology. It's not really a waste as now you have knowledge about the subject. You don't need a graded exam to prove you are good at biology. Also, you can focus on your other subjects too. Just make the decision that will make you happy the most. If you really don't want to drop biology, don't. If you do, do. I can't make the decision for you but you'll come to a decision soon enough about it. Good luck
ashpritgcse2020
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

dropping biology would allow me to revise more for English lit, history, and Maths, and i desperately need to increase my maths grade. it would be three less exams, and technically speaking i would personally still count myself as doing 4 a-levels . on the other hand, it would be a waste of two years - even if i only took biology for self-fulfilment.

Depends on what course you are going to do at uni tbh - what are the entry requirements?
katrin04
Rep:
(Original post by ashpritgcse2020)
Depends on what course you are going to do at uni tbh - what are the entry requirements?
political science! the uni's ive applied for only asked for english, history, and maths (A* A B)
Highover
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Drop the biology. Waste of time and not needed. I take it you’re in Y12.
katrin04
Rep:
(Original post by Highover)
Drop the biology. Waste of time and not needed. I take it you’re in Y12.
lol no i'm actually in year 13, but i think i might agree
ashpritgcse2020
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
political science! the uni's ive applied for only asked for english, history, and maths (A* A B)
Drop biology I would say but are you in y13 or y13 ??
katrin04
Rep:
Drop biology I would say but are you in y13 or y13 ??
i am in year 13, my first bio exam is in 13 days
ashpritgcse2020
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i am in year 13, my first bio exam is in 13 days
well I don’t think you would be able to quit technically speaking then :/ 13 days won’t do much - just prioritise maths in your revision and keep calm and don’t let stress get you
Highover
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
In that case I say take the biology exams but don't spend much time revising. You must be almost match fit by now anyway. You will already have been entered for them so just do them. I had assumed you were in Year 12 which would be a different story. Weird to be thinking about dropping it now.
katrin04
Rep:
(Original post by Highover)
In that case I say take the biology exams but don't spend much time revising. You must be almost match fit by now anyway. You will already have been entered for them so just do them. I had assumed you were in Year 12 which would be a different story. Weird to be thinking about dropping it now.
I'm only thinking if dropping it now because i really need to boost my maths grade and i don't actually need biology at all for my future plans... idk if i want to go into bio and walk out with a D
katrin04
Rep:
well I don’t think you would be able to quit technically speaking then :/ 13 days won’t do much - just prioritise maths in your revision and keep calm and don’t let stress get you
hmm i mean i'm still able to withdraw as a candidate - i don't know if i want to go in with minimal revision and end up with a D yk. but ty for all the advice <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads