scared about my teeth pulled

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm getting my adult teeth pulled out tomorrow and I am quite anxious about it. I've already gotten teeth pulled out but those are milk teeth.
Is it a big deal to get them pulled out because my mum kept saying that for her it is...
Does anyone have any reasons not to be anxious about it?
boulderingislife
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm getting my adult teeth pulled out tomorrow and I am quite anxious about it. I've already gotten teeth pulled out but those are milk teeth.
Is it a big deal to get them pulled out because my mum kept saying that for her it is...
Does anyone have any reasons not to be anxious about it?
being a bit anxious is normal. I had mine pulled out before I got braces. It was fine once they got the anaesthetic in the right place! Initially the guy was yanking at my tooth after not having administered the anaesthetic properly lol. So I literally felt the pain as he was yanking at my teeth! I just gesticulated to stop and they after he administered the anaesthetic properly to the root canal, the teeth extraction bit itself was fine.

Good luck
Anonymous #1
(Original post by boulderingislife)
being a bit anxious is normal. I had mine pulled out before I got braces. It was fine once they got the anaesthetic in the right place! Initially the guy was yanking at my tooth after not having administered the anaesthetic properly lol. So I literally felt the pain as he was yanking at my teeth! I just gesticulated to stop and they after he administered the anaesthetic properly to the root canal, the teeth extraction bit itself was fine.

Good luck
thank you so muchh, I was so nervous just before I read this, I couldn't stop thinking about it but yeah thanks ❤Did you use painkillers after you got them pulled out?
amyywaringg
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Literally just got four teeth out last Sunday! They gave me local anaesthetic so my mouth was numb and couldn’t feel it for a few hours. I took paracetamol and ibuprofen for 24 hours and then I’ve just kinda taken it if I needed it since. The worst bit for me has been the hunger because you can only have soft foods but today I ate fries and was fine! I’ve also been rinsing with salt water after eating and corsodyl to help the healing. A tip for the corsodyl is to dilute it as it can be quite strong and when I first took it it stung a bit as it’s minty. Hope it all went well!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by amyywaringg)
Literally just got four teeth out last Sunday! They gave me local anaesthetic so my mouth was numb and couldn’t feel it for a few hours. I took paracetamol and ibuprofen for 24 hours and then I’ve just kinda taken it if I needed it since. The worst bit for me has been the hunger because you can only have soft foods but today I ate fries and was fine! I’ve also been rinsing with salt water after eating and corsodyl to help the healing. A tip for the corsodyl is to dilute it as it can be quite strong and when I first took it it stung a bit as it’s minty. Hope it all went well!
Thank you for the tip! I'm getting them out tomorrow so hopefully they give me some advice too!
boulderingislife
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
thank you so muchh, I was so nervous just before I read this, I couldn't stop thinking about it but yeah thanks ❤Did you use painkillers after you got them pulled out?
I honestly can’t remember. Was sore for a few days but was then fine. Your lips kinda droops bit till the anaesthetic wears off.
amyywaringg
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you for the tip! I'm getting them out tomorrow so hopefully they give me some advice too!
Hope it all goes well! It’s normal to be nervous of course but the mouth is very quick to heal and when I went the dentists were all very understanding that I was nervous for it so they helped calm me down a ton! Just get stocked up on soft foods and pain killers and you’ll be ok ❤️
Anonymous #1
(Original post by amyywaringg)
Hope it all goes well! It’s normal to be nervous of course but the mouth is very quick to heal and when I went the dentists were all very understanding that I was nervous for it so they helped calm me down a ton! Just get stocked up on soft foods and pain killers and you’ll be ok ❤️
Thank youu, I feel so much better now!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed