does having a baby make you feel better?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
does that distract you from your problems or does it cause more problems for yourself?
theoppressed
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
DEFINITELY do not have a kid if your reasoning for it is 'to feel better'
sociologynerd8
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
im glad I don't want children to be honest, and i'm not even into guys anyway. I'd rather stay without children and be financially stable first, but I don't even want kids anyway. You should never want kids to feel better, that's not a great reason for doing so.
Anonymous #1
Thats pretty… graphic. So what is my coping mechanism, alcohol? love?
Fibonacci28
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Using a baby as a coping mechanism will be hugely harmful for both you and the baby.
If you're feeling nurturing something may help, try a houseplant
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sociologynerd8)
im glad I don't want children to be honest, and i'm not even into guys anyway. I'd rather stay without children and be financially stable first, but I don't even want kids anyway. You should never want kids to feel better, that's not a great reason for doing so.
thats what everyone says at first and I said that before and I still don’t want kids now, but seeing a baby yesterday on tv and feeling low today made me think of having a baby as a coping mechanism. I even wanted to get my reproductive system removed and I don’t see the point of my periods because I would otherwise never ever want kids, its not even about that, its the fact that I may not be able to have kids anyway.
Anonymous #1
its not like doctors would even remove it because “we all say that and want kids at some point in our lives”.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
A baby is seriously hard work, a lot of responsibility and can be very expensive too.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
A baby is seriously hard work, a lot of responsibility and can be very expensive too.
so people who have babies at 16/17/18, they ruined their lives?
Mohammed_80
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
does that distract you from your problems or does it cause more problems for yourself?
I’d only want babies if they were twins. Otherwise it’s a no, no don’t want kids.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mohammed_80)
I’d only want babies if they were twins. Otherwise it’s a no, no don’t want kids.
its not always going to be twins though.
Genesiss
Badges: 16
Report 1 month ago
potentially if you think your goal in life is to have a child; now you've achieved it. who's paying for it?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Genesiss)
potentially if you think your goal in life is to have a child; now you've achieved it. who's paying for it?
I am?

Benefits can help a bit. The father of the child?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
so people who have babies at 16/17/18, they ruined their lives?
Not ruined but they definitely haven't made their lives any easier. Unless you have family or a partner to help, it's a lot of sleepless nights. All the while, a lot of other 16-18 year olds who will be doing very teenage things like drinking and hanging with friends etc.
Anonymous #1
Not ruined but they definitely haven't made their lives any easier. Unless you have family or a partner to help, it's a lot of sleepless nights. All the while, a lot of other 16-18 year olds who will be doing very teenage things like drinking and hanging with friends etc.
I’m not 16-18 by the way, just asking because I know many between those ages who had a child without thinking about the responsibility or being financially stable.
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thats pretty… graphic. So what is my coping mechanism, alcohol? love?
You need to find a way to identify and deal with the root cause of your issues.
Mohammed_80
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
its not always going to be twins though.
True. But not sure about babies to be honest.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Son of the Sea)
You need to find a way to identify and deal with the root cause of your issues.
I just woke up from sleep and had less sleep than usual and I didnt have a dream or anything but I woke up feeling low and thinking about something, don’t want to talk about it.

Maybe a step forward could be counselling.
Genesiss
Badges: 16
Report 1 month ago
I am?

Benefits can help a bit. The father of the child?
oh cool. if you can afford it that's awesome. what does your partner think of this?
gracieee16
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
that's not a child's responsibility to make everything 'better' for you. this will be a baby that you have to care for. you need to be mentally prepared, physically prepared because this is a full commitment and this baby will drain you! so i think it will distract you from your social life but other than that, they need you 24/7. maybe you should get a puppy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (64)
27.83%
As I expected (71)
30.87%
Harder (87)
37.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.48%

Watched Threads