My bf has changed...

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So we've been together almost 8 months now. He has depression and mild Aspergers but when we first got together, none of that got in the way. It was so exciting winning each other over. We'd text each other for hours everyday good morning and goodnight messages but for the past month that hasn't been the case. When he does say goodnight to me and says he's sleepy and is going to bed, I always see him online and I know who he's talking to- this girl online who lives on the other side of the world and does cosplay and stuff and I know he admires it a lot. He's always talking to her and I know if I wouldn't message him first he wouldn't text me for the whole day. It feels like he's ignoring me but he isn't. I've told him how I feel and he acknowledged it but nothing really changed.

It would hurt to leave him because I'm the only person he talks to at school and then he'll feel socially isolated. I don't want him to spiral into depression again if I leave because something similar has happened before but that's another story. I really care about him.

Maybe I'm just stuck in the 'exciting' stage of a relationship and maybe he's moved onto the more 'mature' stage where we don't have to say goodnight and good morning anymore. I know he won't be messaging me the same anymore and will have other friends, but I feel so jealous knowing he's talking to another girl more often in a day than me. I don't want to confront him about it because that just isn't me and would feel like I'm being too awkward and controlling. Me and my bf don't have any similar interest tbf (I do play video games with him sometimes just so we can do something together, but I'm not very good) and keeping up this relationship feels like so much work. I know I should stay just because we've had a history together, but I don't know if I can let go or if I should. I miss calling each other pet names, and gm and gn messages and calling for hours and hours, and seeing his notifications- but I'm always the one messaging first now. He never wants to go out on dates anymore. He'd rather lay on his bed talking to girls on the internet...and it really frustrated me and I feel bad getting frustrated. I wonder if it is something to do with his depsression. any advice? (
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I should be revising for my upcoming exam but this is all I can think about-
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads